how are you handling all of this?

"And when we walk in, please be nice and introduce your self!" My mom pleads for the 50th time as we drive over to the Ball family mansion.

This uncomfortable ass button up is agitating the hell out of me.

But I can't lie. I won't lie. It's not just that. It's the fact that I haven't heard from Melo since he left my house at four in the morning. So abruptly at that.

"Meduze are you even listening to me!"

"Mother, I am, but you are really overwhelming me right now." I say in frustration. "I walk in, say my name, find a chair in the corner, avoid everyone at all cost, and eat my meal while you do all the heavy lifting."

"That is NOT what we discussed?!" She yells and then starts back in on her tantrum.

I rub my temples and feel down my shirt. I fiddle with the cold chain in my fingers. Shit! His parents can't see this! They will know it's his. I tuck the chain under under my collar and sit back in my seat.

We pull up to the massive house that I have seen multiple times and I hear her gasps. Been there. Done that.

"Oh c'mon are you honestly not even jumping at the sight of this?" She asks pleading me to get it together. "You act like you've seen it before!" She asks chuckling.

I blush and turn towards the window quietly.

We arrive at the top of the driveway with my mom pulling in behind the long line of cars. Being here before, I am well aware that this does not signify a lot of people being here. They are all theirs.

I take a deep breath fully preparing myself to see Melo after our, now awkward, encounter last night. I grab the fancy bag containing a bottle of wine my mom forced me to grab and got out of the car.

Fuck I should have drove.

"Hey Y'all!" A deep baritone voice booms at the top of the elaborate porch before us.

My mom and I both flinch in reaction. A man in black sweats, black slides, and a matching black BBB t-shirt walks down the few fancy steps in front of him waiting for our arrival.

Melissa did not make me wear a damn button up when this man is literally wearing sweats. I-

"Be. Good." My mom mouths to me as we head up the steps. I roll my eyes in annoyance.

The truth is, I am all 'Ball-familied' out. I just want to stay home and watch television with my mom. I just want a peaceful Sunday evening before heading into my first full week of school.

I walk up the steps and become nervous at the sight of the intimidating man. My mom greets him first leaving me to go second. I always hate greeting men like him because do we handshake? Nod? Salute? Spit in our hands and dap each other up to form a never ending bond-

"Hello." The famous large bald man says looking directly into soul.

"Hi- Hello. I'm Meduze." I manage to spit out as we shake hands.

"Lavar." He replies lightly. Woah.

"What does Meduze mean?" He asks startling me. Damn this man's voice could scare a grown man off his feet.

"Uh...there is this greek mythology lady and my mom is a fan because she thinks she was misunderstoo-"

"Lavar. Leave him alone." A beautiful white woman says walking over to us. She reaches over to hug me. "Hi. I'm Tina." She says as we finish the hug.

Interesting enough? Her small hug actually calmed me down. This is Melo's mom. I learned that she had and is still recovering from a stroke from the show. What a brave, beautiful woman.