(iii) wizard

y/n was sharing a room with nene, who was asleep right now and she was still wide awake

y/n was sharing a room with nene, who was asleep right now and she was still wide awake. she knew nothing good comes out of waking up nene when she's asleep.

she changed before walking out of the room. the hotel did have a volleyball court even though it was outdoors and didn't have wooden flooring.

there was a volleyball on the side of the court which she picked up. she twirled it in her hands.

"you're jumping too early"

she sighed, tossing the ball up. a few moments later she heard the slight thud of the ball reaching the other side of the net.

"nah that's still not it"

she tried a few more times, getting closer to the correct timing each time.

"that's much better", someone standing behind her told her

"thank you", she said, turning around to face miya atsumu again. he looked different than when she saw him earlier. "wait, what are you even doing here?"

now he was wearing a pretty normal pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"my team's staying here for the night"

"i see", she said.

she hadn't fully registered yet that miya atsumu was here because she was pretty caught up in practising.

he was confused because she seemed wayyy more chill than she was the last time he saw her. and she also looked very lost in thought, as if she was contemplating the meaning of life or something.

"what's your name?"

"l/n y/n", she introduced herself

"miya atsumu", he introduced back, as if she didn't know who he already was.

"oh right, back during the match-"

"yeah i was looking at you"

"yeah exactly so why?"

"i wanted to show you what a perfect jump float looks like", he shrugged, "ya pick up fast huh. maybe you're not a scrub like i thought."

"i'm a what?"

"a wizard"

(ok jk jk that wasn't his reply)

"ya know, a scrub", atsumu said, and she still looked at him with a clueless expression

it... didn't feel like she was talking to a celebrity or something? it felt like a normal conversation about volleyball with someone who absolutely adores it.

"by the way how old are you?", tsumu asked

"18"

"oh my god you're a baby"