(iv) nostalgic

weeks passed by and y/n almost forgot about the encounter with atsumu

she didn't call him. why should she? there's no reason to.

she hadn't told anyone about the entire thing, mainly cause she hated how she had randomly ranted to miya atsumu and received career advice from him and shit. it was embarrassing.

and besides, it wasn't that big of a deal anyway.

right?

the good news was that he would most probably not remember her. they were obviously worlds apart, even though they played the same sport.

this was no time to think about him though, because today was the second day of the spring high qualifiers. they didn't need to play the preliminaries, since they'd ranked first in the inter high tournament.

"all the best for today", y/n's mom gave her a big hug, "do well. i know you will."

she went off, stopping at nene's house.

"here we are, huh", nene said, "our last quarter finals"

"i'm so excited neneeeee"

they reached the school, where they received a short briefing from the coach and terumi.

"y/n would you like to say a few words?"

"no one lose your cool."

meanwhile at sendai stadium, two people in hoodies and sunglasses walked in, hoping no one would recognise them.

"why did you insist on coming along, 'tsumu-kun?", shoyo asked

"i was just feelin' nostalgic", he replied, looking around, "natsu-chan's team is a big deal huh"

"they're undefeated", shoyo smiled, "wow i remember beating shiratorizawa in this stadium"

"oh right, karasuno's teams will probably be here too", atsumu said unenthusiastically, "wonder if they're still as terrible as they used to be"

"oh my god are you still bitter about that loss?", shoyo laughed

"i'm not!", tsumu huffed

"you gonna cry like a little kid?"

"shut up shoyo", he rolled his eyes behind the sunglasses. "so does natsu-chan know you're here?"

"no, she didn't like the idea of me coming", he sighed

"i get it"

"oh shut up, you always take her side"

"yes because she is a sweetheart and then there's you"

suddenly, whispers broke out all over the place.

"that's them!"

"oh my god they look stronger than before"