✾𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓✾

TW: Needle, Attempted su1c1d3, sedation

Yoichi held his arm protectively, leaning against the wall and breathing heavily. The vampire had just been toying with him this whole time. He was covered in scratches and deep cuts with blood streaming from them. He would die of bloodloss at this rate.

René slowly crept up towards the boy, holding a sword above his head with a smirk.

Suddenly, a giant cluster of panicked footsteps running against the black stone echoed through the halls. The vampire stopped and looked behind him, he obviously was not expecting company.

"Yoichi! Move!"

Sunday Morning, September 4, 2021

Yuichiro POV

My entire world was foggy and dream like. I felt as if I was floating in a white abyss.

Slowly, my eyelids stretched open and my white surroundings were slowly replaced with what looked like a very dull infirmary. A sharp and thin pang erupted in my arm and I felt a burning sensation coursing through my veins. I drearily turned my head to see a needle jabbed into my arm. I suddenly felt concious of how awful I felt. My throat was dry, my skin felt flaky and I felt heavy, exhausted even.

Blurred and rushed words were echoing through my head as nurses were clammering and rushing to and away from my side.

"We've got him! He's been cured!" One nurse exclaimed.

"Someone get Ferid," Another nurse with a very deep voice called from the back of the room.

I suddenly heard the nurse injecting...whatever she was injecting... into me, muttering about something and tuned in to what they were saying.

"Damn that hasty vampire and his impatience, we should've found a way to inject the infection, he lost a lot of blood from that unsanitary bite, who knows what other kinds of diseases he might have picked up from that thing's teeth,"

Apparently another nurse heard their quiet tangents because they jumped over and put their arm around the grumpy nurse's shoulders.

"Aw come on don't be like that, we've made huge progress with this! Now we have Yuichiro as a base, and we can work off of that so that we'll have an even more efficent method when it's Mika's turn!" The chipper nurse exclaimed.

My mind hadn't even processed how concerning the phrase "Mika's turn" in the current context yet, the only thing I had the capacity to notice was how familiar the nurses' dynamic seemed, it gave me a longing nostalgia, but I couldn't quite place my finger on what exactly it reminded me of.

Slowly, my mind finally awoke. Realizing all the events I could remember, I shot up from my position with a panicked look, I still felt foggy, but I knew something was wrong.

"Where am I? Where's Mika?!" I shouted in a frenzied state.

All the excited chatter suddenly shattered and every nurse in the room shot their eyes in my direction. Suddenly, the door swung open, causing all the nurses to rush over and stand in a row at the back of the room, seeming sickeningly quieter.

I turn my head to see who had just entered the room and found a very familiar silver-haired vampire shooting daggers at me. He licked his lips and sauntered towards where I was sitting, two very frantic nurses scampering behind him like frightened mice.

"Ah, my dear Yuu-Chan, your lovely Prince has unfortunately been slain. Along with the rest of your friends of course, but you don't care about them. Quite tragic, don't you think? Seeing as how they were attempting a rescue mission for you," He purred, a sadistic look in his eye.