✾ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗✾

"They've all cut our access to them! What do we do sir?"

"Silence, I'm thinking."

"If I may sir, perhaps we should expand the use of our drones?"

"They are not finished yet, but I suppose that will do."

"Right, we will begin deploying them."

"If Mahiru hears about this..."

"I doubt she'll be mad really Ferid, she likes this sort of game."

"You do not fear her as I do Crowley, you are an esteemed soldier of her's, I am the "insane" vampire that she considers a liability."

"Hmm, touché, but I don't doubt that she already knows."

"She's testing me, seeing how I react to this, seeing if I'm worthy...I'm sure of it."

"Well, if you want my advice, you should send my team out to where we know their last known location was."

"That is wise."

"Why didn't you send people to the house sooner?"

"I believed it would be better if they came willingly, and in Yuichiro's case, I thought a betrayal from his friends could move him mentally enough to be ready for The Future Project...An error on my part it would seem."

"Right...Chess, Horn, and I will leave immediately, you owe me."

"You forget that I'm of higher ranking than you."

"And you forget that I have special privileges, as Mahiru's favourite."

Still, Thursday, September 22nd, 2021

"Right, I'm going to cut to the chase, seeing as we don't have a lot of time," Guren said to the blond, his blue eyes shifty and untrusting, "So listen up."

Mikaela merely nodded.

"Upon Mirai's death, we discovered how to remove a seraph. Upon the death of numerous test subjects, we discovered a cure of sorts for vampirism," He paused, gauging Mikaela's reaction, the blond made no apparent reaction, clearly wanting to get on with the conversation, "You're a smart kid, and levelheaded, most of the time...these are traits Yuu often lacks, that's why I'm coming to you with this discussion first."

Mikaela raised an eyebrow.

"Mikaela, Yuu is not the only one with the seraph, you carry it too. But for whatever reason, your control over it is better than his," Guren expected the information to be news to the vampire, but it didn't appear that way, Mikaela's face remained unchanged, "We already agreed that we'd help you get rid of your vampirism and the seraphs, so I would like to discuss how that would work with you."

"You can't be serious," Mikaela growled, trying to make sure no one inside the house heard him, especially not Yuichiro, "How are you gonna manage that? With the same stuff you used for the blood transfusion? That wasn't exactly a perfect surgery," he spat.