✾ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏✾

"Take these, and be ready to lead your squadron outside the wall on October 10th, other Bloodpact members will be there waiting for you."

"Thank you Krul."

"Thank me later, now go before someone finds us."

...

"Well, well, well."

"Ferid..."

"Hello Krul, or should I say, traitorous Bloodpact leader?"

"You won't tell Mahiru."

"Oh but I will, if you don't give me something I want."

"And that is?"

"Give me your title, it's about time I moved up in this place. You can have mine to sweeten the deal. We can do tradesies."

"I...no, I need to think about this."

"Oh no! You're saying The Bloodpact won't be able to work without your high status? I am so sorry to hear that."

"Shut up."

"You have one day, if I don't get the news that I'm getting your title by 8pm tomorrow, I'm filling Mahiru in on what you've been up to."

Wednesday, September 28th, 2021.

Krul paced her room back and forth, it was midnight, which meant she had 20 hours to find a solution to her predicament. Ferid Bathory, of all people, had caught her as leader of The Bloodpact.

She groaned, she couldn't believe such an idiot had actually caught her.

Not only that, was blackmailing her.

"He probably wouldn't even realize if someone threw a cursed gear at the back of his head," she thought to herself. 

This gave her an idea.

In the dead of night, while she knew Ferid would be out gallivanting in the mess hall, she decided to sneak into his room.

One kind of really bad problem, she wasn't allowed out of her room at night. She had security guards in front of her door, and a camera in her closet that could see if she left through the door. The only time she'd been able to communicate with any members of The Bloodpact was in the bathroom or mealtimes, and she preferred eating in her room.

She looked around her industrially bare room, wincing at its austerity. She sat upon her bed, when she felt a small gust of wind.

The vampire gasped, and turned to see her new holy grail. A magical portal covered by glass and a lever, which let out into a beautiful night sky...

A window.

Out of sight of her camera, and above her bed.