𝐈𝐈

--------------------

He could barely sleep that night, tossing and turning in his bed.

His mind was plagued with the recent events that had happened; replaying it over and over. He processed what could've  happened if he had just mustered the courage to say those three words:

"I love you,"

It was all he had to say. It wasn't that hard, right?

He unknowingly falls unconscious after having thought of many outcomes of that one situation.

* * *

He awakes with a groan, his body aching from his sleeping position.

He squints, vision blurry from the tears of his morning yawn. He notices a thin, glowing red emitting from his finger as he stretches his arms out. He blinks, passing it off as his poor vision. 

But when he rubbed his eyes, it didn't disappear like he thought it would. It still was there: clear as ever. 

Karl analyzed the string that was wrapped around his pinky, trying to flick the string; it doesn't work, and his finger goes through the mysterious material that had fabricated out of nowhere. 

He only smiles ever so slightly, hope starting to blossom in his heart once more.

Though, his curiosity got the best of him, and he needed to know who his destined partner was. He assumed it might be Sapnap, but he thought about the possibility that it might not be.

* * *

Anxiety slowly bubbled up as he followed the string's promising guidance, stumbling upon the training grounds where he knew Sapnap normally trained.

He takes a peak; from a distance he could see two figures dueling, one of them he recognized: Sapnap. 

It was too far to make out where the string attached, but it definitely stopped at this point. His soulmate was one of the two people inside.

Not wanting to disturb the two, he watches from afar.

______________

"Not bad, but you still need to work on your technique." Dream wiped the beads of sweat that formed on his temple, his grip on the wooden sword relaxes; he then was suddenly aware that the string on his finger drooped slightly, signaling him that his soulmate was nearby. 

He looks to the direction of where this supposed person was, and for a split second he saw fluffy brown locks, and they disappeared once he looked.

"Are you going to fight me, or are you going to space out?" Sapnap snapped his fingers, averting Dream's attention away from the mysterious person.

"Sorry," He mumbles out an apology, readying himself. 

______________

Oh my god.

He was almost caught.

Karl sighs, his heart beating fast as ever. He looked at the string that moved with his soulmate's steps, starting to wonder if this was a good idea.

______________

An hour had passed since they had started training, and his muscles were sore from all the intense swinging of his sword.

"Same time next week?" Sapnap asked, re-adjusting his messy hair back into place, taking off his shirt that was soaked with sweat. 

"Yeah, Okay." Dream accepted, fixing his lopsided mask that Sapnap managed to nudge during one of their fights. 

He takes off his fingerless hand gloves; feeling his palms sweat from the warmth of the glove.

He looked back at the entrance with pure eccentricity.

______________

He strolls around the forest; having already decided that he'd go home before they finished. Besides, he didn't want to appear creepy to his crush;  following him everywhere he went.

He listens as the nearby river gently flows along its path; basking in the afternoon sunlight, eyes closed as he slows his fast heartbeat.

He flinches as he heard a pair of footsteps approaching him from behind, his heart racing once again.

"You..?" Karl turned around, his tense shoulders relaxed as he recognized the person in front of him.

--------------------