𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

--------------------

He allowed the string to guide him right where Dream was, feeling the string become looser as he passes by a small pond.

Dream sat by the small body of water, his sword unsheathed for the sole purpose of polishing it. Odd choice to clean your sword, but Karl didn't mind it.

He scares off the Koi fishes that were swimming around as he goes near the man, who has yet to acknowledge his presence. 

"Dream?" 

He sees the man flinch, then suddenly wondering if this was such a good idea after all.

"Karl?" His voice cracked slightly, and the color of his face that was visible  quickly changed to a rosé color. 

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?"

He nods, allowing Karl to sit besides him, using his shoulder as head rest.

...

The two of them daren't speak a word, enjoying to silencing comfort of the harsh wind.

"Um, about the kiss." Karl turned away from Dream, not wanting to make eye contact at this moment, though he still had his mask on. It would still awkward, though.

"..Sorry."

"No, no, don't apologize." Karls face grew even redder, "I actually quite enjoyed it."

... 

"Wait, uh.. I mean I- I didn't really enjoy it, no wait, uh.."  He starts tripping over his words, mind scrambling to think of a good excuse to say.

Then Dream laughs.

"Yeah? I can tell." Dream was still blushing, but it was only mildly now. "You know, you're actually cute like this."

Karl stayed silent. 

"...At first, I wanted to disobey the string. To try to change my own fate." Dream started, twirling his pinky finger, making the string waver. "But then, after hanging out with you more and more, I think I can say I.. enjoy your company, to put it that way." 

If Karl were in a cartoon, steam would be rushing out of his ears in embarrassment. 

"Do you like me?" Karl murmurs, audible enough for the other to hear.

"You mean like like?" He teases, knowing well it would get Karl riled up.

"Oh, quit being such a toddler. You know what I meant." Karl playfully punches his shoulder, rolling his eyes as he threw his hoodie over his head.

"Well, I guess I could say I love you." 

"Yeah?"

"Yeah..."

....

"Say it one more time, please?" Karl looked at Dream with adoring puppy eyes, loving how much adoration was in those simple three words.

"Well, If I say it, you say it back."

"Three.."

"Two..."

"One..."

"I love you" They said harmoniously.

* * *

Their love grew stronger ever so slightly by each day; every hour they spent it right next to each other. The string had disappeared at that point, because there was no need for it anymore.

They finally found each other.

--------------------

𝘼/𝙉 𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙖𝙨 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖𝙨 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨! 𝙄𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙛 𝙄 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙨𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙖𝙧 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙜𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙖𝙥 𝙊𝙍 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝘿:𝘽𝙃 𝙖𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜.