𝐈𝐗

--------------------

It was inevitable that Karl and Dream would bump into each other more frequently. After all, life was trying its hardest to get them together.

Now they found themselves sitting in a field of orchids, conversing with one another. 

The two had just brushed it off as something platonic, nothing more. So, there was no tense atmosphere between them. 

"These flowers are kind of pretty..." Dream picked one up, twirling it in his hand.

"Mhm.." Karl watches the pretty flower dance in his hand like a graceful ballerina. "They're orchids; they show royalty, beauty and romance." he says, as a matter of fact; boasting proudly of how knowledgeable about some flowers. 

"Yeah?" Dream chuckles, finding his interests in flowers kind of.. cute? No, that can't be right. "Can you tell me more about these orchids?"

"Well, this particular pink orchid is a traditional 14th anniversary of a married couple, and it is used to show affection and love towards another person." 

How coincidental that this particular orchid Dream had picked up was a pink one.

"Your factual statements are... intriguing, to say the least." Dream set the flower down, now laying down on the pillowy, soft grass. "How do you know all these?" 

Karl felt his face become a rosy shade. "Oh, um.." He stumbles on his words, rubbing his neck nervously. "I used to enjoy romance quite a lot as a child." 

"I see.. That's quite adorable, Karl." He smiled for a second, before the realization of what he had said set upon him, and he bit his lip. "..Sorry."

Damn, he had no idea why he suddenly said that.

"It's fine, really." Karl giggles in his usual, bubbly laughter. "In fact, I get told that a lot before." 

* * * 

As the two part ways, Karl couldn't help but replay Dream's words in his head...

That's quite adorable, Karl.

He had no idea why, but he was getting so worked up with those few words of compliment.

He shakes his head, setting the ridiculous the thought to the side. He did like compliments from everybody, so it wasn't that unusual for him to think like that. He looks up at the setting sun, smiling just as warmly as the hot late afternoon. 

He doesn't even realize that he hasn't interacted with Sapnap for a while.

--------------------