𝐗𝐕𝐈

--------------------

Three days.

It had been three days since Karl last saw Dream after the little 'incident'. Karl couldn't blame Dream for avoiding him, otherwise It'd be very awkward seeing each other after what had happened. 

It was a rainy night, and all Karl could do was to lay in bed while his mind was racing with questions that practically seared into his mind; it lingered in his head far too long.

Did Dream like him?

No, surely not. Dream saw him as a close friend-- like a family member, so that's why he accidentally kissed him on the forehead, right? Because he said it was normal in his family.

...Right? 

He pulls his blanket over his body, ignoring the bubbling feeling in it. Just the thought of Dream alone made his heart swell with nervousness.

Before he fell into unconsciousness, he notices the glow of the red string beaming unusually brighter than it had been since he first saw it.

* * *

He didn't get a dream that night, which was odd. 

It was fine, though. He got at least eight hours of sleep, which was about the average amount for a person.

But despite all that, Karl was still exhausted. His mind was soaring with endless thoughts that he couldn't simply brush away. His heart raced at the mere thought of kissing Dream again-

Wait what?

Had Karl taken an interest in Dream now?

Karl sighs, hopelessly reminiscing on that very day; remembering how soft Dream's lips were pressed against his forehead.

It soon dawned on him.

He was in love with Dream.

For how long is uncertain. But all he knows that every interaction with Dream made him experience such euphoria he hasn't felt since Sapnap. Every time Dream spoke to him made his brain gush, and it made him focus on just him.

God, he hasn't even blushed this hard with Sapnap. 

Maybe the string wasn't a bad thing after all.

And maybe... tomorrow he'll get the courage to talk to Dream again.

--------------------

𝘼/𝙉: 𝙎𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙮 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙮 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙖𝙣 𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝘿𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙞𝙩:𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙝𝙪𝙢𝙖𝙣. 𝙏𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝, 𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙛 𝙞𝙩'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖.

 𝙏𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝, 𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙛 𝙞𝙩'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖