𝐗

--------------------

He hadn't meant to fall asleep that night, but he was just so exhausted that his body couldn't handle it any longer. 

* * *

He wakes up in a field this time.

Instead of the sad, depressing, blue hue that he had visualized in his last dream, it was a vibrant, almost neon red. But what really caught his attention was the red roses.

The classic romantic gesture to give to your lover; quite cheesy, in Karl's humbled opinion.  He thought that they were quite overused, and that people should focus on the other flower species that had great potential as a gift to their partner. 

He snorts at the symbolization of the flowers, and looked around the new area. It wasn't a familiar one unlike last time, so it was kind of intimidating at first, until he sat down with the flowers.

The smell of the roses' fragrance was strong, and it overwhelmed his nostrils just a bit. 

He closes his eyes, letting the wind breeze past him, feeling the cool air blow away his stress.

A distant voice can be heard from behind, but he ignored it.

"Karl!"

It cried out, voice like an echo; like the person was almost several feet away from him. It was familiar, yet unfamiliar at the same time. 

Karl stayed in his sitting position, unmoving. He stayed his distance.

The wind suddenly grew much stronger, and it managed to blow away some of the petals.

Karl grunts, trying to shield himself from the aggressive wind with his arms. He felt himself start to tumble backwards, as if his dreams were trying to tell him to go.

"Leave me alone!" Karl screamed at nothing, "This is all just a lie! I'm going to wake up any second now!"

...

The wind stopped; allowing  Karl to put his hands down, looking at the roses that have been mostly ruined by the wind.

The voice didn't stop, however.

"Karl.."

This time, it was clear.

Karl turned around as fast as he could, but before he could make out who was calling out to him,

he woke up.

--------------------