The being behind the mask

Y/n laid in a hospital bed as he began to move uncomfortably, sweat dripped from his forehead and he began to dry cough.

"Together Astral! Go chaos number 39 hope Ray attack this false god!" His voice echoed causing him to continue to move constantly.

"It has always been like this. Only one world must survive. Both can never coexist. If you wish to be in my way you'll be crushed. VARIAN FORCE!"

"Varian force," Y/n mumbled as his eyelids began to tremble. "My rebirth is with Number 5. My destiny lies within Varian. Its power is within," Y/ns eyes opened wide as their e/c color flashed pink making him hold his head. "Me." 

Slowly sitting up he looked around unlike the hospital room he was in, he laid before the gate. "Huh?" He questioned before standing up. The door this time was littered with the numbers of the cards he collected. Each of them was in order with the seven sins being last. Each of them was small while the biggest was the number five.

"Master." A voice called as he turned around seeing Snoww. "It has been a while since you've been at the holy gate." She said as she smiled.

"Snoww. What happened while I was out?"

"Yuma has defeated Tron and avenged you. During your duel with Tron, you began to remember your past bit by bit. Sadly you've been acting completely different from the boy that we knew and into the person you truly are." 

"What is the person I truly am? You must know right?" He asked as she shook her head.

"No. Number 5 made sure to erase our memories. He wants to be the being to explain everything. You have met him a couple of times." She said making him confused.

"What do you mean?" But then it hit him. The person yelled at him in his room. "That was number 5?"

"Yes. Your bond with the number 5 will never break. No matter if you're someone completely different. He and you will be connected. Why do you think you could see the astral world so clearly?"

"Am I number 5?"

"No. You are his friend. You both fought for your home in ancient times. You overthrew anyone not fit to become king or queen of the land you ruled."

"But I thought you said you don't know who I truly am?"

"I don't master." She said making him confused even more. "It's time to wake up. You have an important duel to take part in." She smiled before everything turned white as a dragon's roar echoed.

Slowly opening his actual eyes Y/n noticed he was in the hospital bed next to Droite. Sitting up he held his head before going to reach for his deck but noticed it wasn't there. "Huh?" Standing up slowly Y/n stumbled his way to the hallway. His black shirt was hardened by the now dry blood.

"You shouldn't be up." A voice called out making him turn around before seeing the purple and pink-haired woman behind him.

"Droite." He mumbled before falling to his knees but, thankfully, Droite caught him.

"Come on let's get you to bed." She said before feeling him push off of her.

"I can't. I need to find Yuma. I have a duel to participate in." He coughed before holding his chest.

"You're in no condition to duel Y/n. As your superior I demand you rest up." She ordered but Y/n glared at her but slowly gave in.

"Alright." He sighed as she helped him into his bed. "I just can't stand around and do nothing. Wait, what day is it?"

"It's been two days since the tournament." She said causing him to look at her in shock.

"Two days?! Shit, Yuma! Where's Yuma!?" He questioned before trying to get up only for his body forcing him to stay in place.