Day Off and Memories.

"Yuma we should go wake Y/n up." The ghostly white spirit named Astral told his friend as he placed his school shirt on. 

"Yeah. I think Y/n had enough time sleeping in. But.... let's allow him to sleep in a little longer. He honestly needs it." He smiled making Astral nod in agreement.

"Yes. He's been through a lot recently."

Down the rope that leads into Yuma's room laid a sleeping duelist as he tossed and turned in his sleep.

"Go Chaos number 39 Hope Ray! Destroy Number 5!" Astrals voice echoed as the dragon was split in half.

"How many times must you get in my way, Astral!" My voice echoed as the silhouette of my dragon was split down the middle.

"your time in the light is over. I'm sorry this had to end this way but it must happen and just so you don't come back. I will lock you inside the very world you call home." He said as I ran at him with an angered expression causing the two of us to be surrounded in black and blue energy.

"If I'm being locked away then your memories will as well! But know this!" I yelled as my body was slowly starting to vanish. "When Astral world continuously discards its chaos. I WILL COME BACK!" I yelled before everything exploded.

Opening my eyes in a panic, I looked around as sweat dripped from my forehead. Placing my hand on my chest I looked around my surroundings as I noticed Yuma and Astral. 

"Y/n are you okay?" he questioned as I looked at him while my mood calmed down.

"Y-Yeah. I'm good.....I'm good." Standing up from my bed I took a step before I felt my stomach ache. 

Placing my hand over my mouth something felt like it was climbing up my throat. Running to the bathroom I huddled above the toilet before hurling inside it. 

'oh god....everything is hurting!" feeling the rush of climbing I hurled inside it again. 

feeling a hand on my back I heard Yuma's voice as he looked at me with a sweatdrop. 

"I guess you're not going to school today. But don't worry Grandma has the best medicine and some great soup. I'll go tell them about you're hurling's." he smiled making me look at him with a stoic reaction. 

After Yuma left looked at the toilet before seeing black inside it. 

"What the hell is going on?" flushing the toilet I made my way back to my bed. Face planting onto my bed I sighed as I felt my eyelids get heavier with every second. 

Opening them once more I appear to be in front of the door with that symbol on it. Just then multiple voices echoed through the air.

"He's a monster!" A female voice yelled out.

"This isn't you!" A playful voice yelled out.

Grabbing my head I hissed in pain as I took a knee.

"You're a fake! Just give up you don't have another choice!"

"I'm not Y/n anymore.......V, you're my opponent. We'll settle this once and for all." My voice echoed as I looked at the ground tears dropped onto the ground before I noticed a skeleton hand in front of me.

"Master, it's time to relax. You must expel the darkness inside of you." Looking up I saw my faithful companion Dark Highlander. "Please allow me to take on the burden." He said before kneeling to me.

"I-I can't do that to you. I don't know what it'll do to you."

"My creation was to protect you as you are of royal descent. Each time you expel your dark energy into me you'll learn more about your royal life. so please allow me to unlock your next memory."

Giving him my hand I transferred the darkness into him as he raised his hand.

"Now I will show you the past that hides inside Void Ogre Dragon." He said before a wave of memories began to hit me hard as Void Orges roar echoed.
---------------

Walking towards the castle's throne I stepped over my mother's corpse as I grabbed Dark Highlander.

"Welcome back old friend." I smiled before noticing the full look of my Varian form. It was pure jet black with red diamonds scattered along the waist. My hair was hardened and took the shape of a crown, in the center was the symbol from the door. My hands were claws and my mouth was completely covered. "This is the power I achieved to take back what's mine."

Turning around I sat on the throne and chuckled. "How sad mother...to be defeated by your son and lose the throne to him. This empire will change, it'll be known as the Varian empire and it'll be the most feared empire on earth. " Snapping my fingers I felt my dark world cards come to life. "Now....let there be Chaos hehehehehehe." I laughed as my eyes glowed pink.
-----------------------------

Returning to the bridge I gasped as I held my head.

"Was that it?" I asked as Highlander nodded his head.

"Yes. That is where your story ends until you find another card. But this time it is another number, A ruin number, that tells the story of your royal life as a Varian King. Until then your past and this dark energy will grow stronger and stronger. You must channel it until then."

Just then the entire area turned white as I appeared back on my bed looking outside I noticed it was evening. Turning over I saw Kari sleeping on the spare bed.

"How long has she been here?" I questioned before turning around and sitting up onto my bed. Just then an object fell from my forehead before falling onto my lap. Looking down it seemed to be a damp rag.

Standing up and making my way to Kari, I covered her up in the blanket that rest at her feet. Walking down the stairs I made my way to the kitchen before grabbing a frozen meal that Kari got for us when Grandma is out hanging with her friends. Opening the microwave I went to place the object in it but noticed a bowl and a sticky note.

"Eat as much as you want Y/n. You need your strength.
                                                                Love. Grandma"

Smiling softly I grabbed the bowl noticing it was covered in plastic wrap. Underneath was steam and some water from the heat. Taking it off the food was still warm. Grabbing a pair of chopsticks and a cup of water I made my way to the living room before turning on the T.V. I began flipping channels going through multiple different shows and clips.

"Go Esper Star sparrow!" A hero yelled out as I flipped through the channel.

" In other news, the recent robbing of an armored truck caused massive panic in the city. But the assailants were stopped by Heartlands police and security." The newsman said as he showed the events that happened earlier as Droite and Guache appeared on the screen along with the police.

Pulling out my D-Gazer I scrolled through my contacts coming up to Droite and Gauche.

"I should call one of them....."

Hovering my thumb over their names I went to tap on one but I felt a shift in the air. My eyes widen as my heartbeat pounded in my ears.

"Chaos will control everything.."

Hissing in pain I grabbed my arm as my tattoo glowed. Looking down at myself I saw my dark energy highlight my body. Running to the downstairs bathroom I began to hurl again as I sat next to the toilet as the black liquid dripped from my chin.  Wiping it off my chin I looked down in disgust as I felt myself getting sicker.

"Regardless if I'm sick or not I need to go to school tomorrow.....I need to get everything ready for Driote and Gauche.."

Slowly I felt my eyes get heavy as I fell asleep next to the toilet and onto the bathroom floor.

"Why is this happening to me?"