Y/n becomes Yumas favorite and only brother.

The night was quiet. Everyone was enjoying their time sleeping in the Tsukumo home except for one. Y/n Tsukumo.

------------------------

"Let the number take hold." A deep voice told the boy as he held his head as he sat in on the couch. "N-No. I can't let it take control." He gasped as he held his head as the numbers four and eight appeared on his right hand. Just then Highlander appeared next to the boy as number 48 appeared opposing the synchro monster.

"You must let it take control to follow your destiny." The voice echoed until a giant flash of light appeared making Y/n and the monsters vanish before appearing on a narrow walkway. Y/n looked ahead seeing a weird emblem.

"N-No!" He yelled as Number 48 rushed him but a flash of green light appeared and a scythe and claw protected the boy as Highlander and Void ogre dragon stood beside him in a protective manner

"N-No!" He yelled as Number 48 rushed him but a flash of green light appeared and a scythe and claw protected the boy as Highlander and Void ogre dragon stood beside him in a protective manner. But a golden light appeared making the number retreat back into its card form as Y/ns eyes glowed red for a split second as a monster roared behind him. The light was too much causing Y/n to appear back in the house as the number vanished from his hand and his synchro and monsters all looked at him with worry until Y/n wiped his face of sweat causing him to cough.

"Why is number 48 trying to take control?" He asked as he remembered the number protecting him. "Is it starting to corrupt?"

"No. You're state of mind is off balance." Snoww said as she sat next to the boy.

"How?" He asked as he looked at the female.

"Your mind is thinking of two things. Family and destiny. Sadly these two things don't work together. You must try to focus on one."

"Focus on one." He repeated as he looked at his cards.

"No matter what you choose we'll stand beside you no matter what." She said before vanishing.

"I need to go for a walk." Wiping his his face Y/n grabbed his clothes,changed and walked around heartland city.

Y/n yawned as his breath could be seen in the cold air. The boy continued his walk but felt something off as he held his hand with Number 48 appearing on his hand. "I need to focus on my destiny or family huh?" He asked looking into the night sky. Hmmm." He mumbled as he looked higher into the sky.

--------------------------------------------

Yuma had just woken up as he noticed the sun was up but his clock indicated it was around 7:30 in the morning. But the thing he mostly noticed was instead of seeing just Astral, Y/n stood in his room wearing formal clothing that consist of a white and black checkered flannel, a black shirt, dark blue pants and black sneakers. "Y/n what are you doing here?"

"Yuma its time for school. Get dressed so we can head out." He said as the teen held two bags. "Kari wanted me to wake you up so we can head out together." He said looking at the still asleep boy.