Chapter 4

Tracer got out of the uber, she gave him a cash tip and headed inside her apartment. It was a short drive from the school though tracers bike was still in the shop, The slip stream project left her unable to leave Overwatch HQ for around a year. She even had her Seventeenth birthday there. She traveled through the simple building and found her room. Tracer opened up her door and arrived at her safe haven, the apartment was small, just a living room, kitchen, and bedroom. It even only had one bathroom. But that's all she requested, Tracer changed her clothes and got into her PJs. They sat down and started digging through her backpack taking out all of the homework she needed to finish.

The hour passed as Tracer finished what she needed. After doing the last equation she let out a sigh and pushed the work away from her onto the leg rest in front of the couch. She stared at the ceiling. The pure white staring back at her, Tracer felt the purr of her chronal accelerator against her chest. She started thinking about the year in her glass chamber, the hell she went through. She was stuck in the giant chamber which was the only thing that held her to the present. What was a year for everyone else felt like a decade, and a second at the same time. Tracer shuttered at the thought, time was scary. Tracer got up and stretched, but was rudely interrupted by a small alarm from her phone. It was her email,opening the new message she saw it was an email from Principal Morrison. It read "Hello! I'm sending this email to the whole student body to let you know that I will not be coming to campus for the next two weeks. This is due to the fact that a nearby academy is asking for my guidance and needs extensive help. But don't worry Ms.Amari will be there to help you if need be! Also I've uploaded your schedules for the next semester! Thank you for your patience!" Tracer was confused at why they needed Morrison, "Did they really have it that bad?" Tracer then got curious about her schedule, she logged into the OW website and opened the classes tab. She studied it seeing quite the difference from her current classes. "Battle strategy? First Aid? Combat training?" Tracer thought about the classes, the old meetings with Morrison flashed in her head. He explained to her that the first semester is core classes, the essentials for every student. The next two would be devoted to hero training. To help the students with potential to become heroes which would be placed all over the world. With the excitement of her first day she almost forgot about the upcoming semesters. I mean October is almost over and it'll be starting soon. Tracer's phone buzzed and a snapchat notification appeared. It was someone adding her. The name read IceMei, Tracer added her back and sent a message, "Hey! From 1st right?" she sent and soon Mei responded "Yeah you came up on my recommendations, How did you enjoy your first day?" Tracer responded "Yeah it was a bit eventful but i think i'll like it!". "Good" Mei sent "What are you up too?" Tracer talked to Mei for a while talking about school and getting to know each other too. "I'm so bored atm" Tracer sent Mei responded "Wanna hang out?" Mei sent. Tracer was taken aback as she didn't expect it. "Honestly sure!" tracer sent "Really? Awesome, There's this 24/7 bowling place. Let's meet there if that's ok." She said, Tracer examined the address that she sent and it was really close walkable even. "Yeah, let's do it!" Tracer shot up and proceeded to get dressed. She took out a fitting black crop top and some jeans with a belt, and a jacket to cover up. After grabbing her wallet and phone she hit the road. Walking through the town tracer kept her jacket on as the chilly breeze blew softly. The walk went well, it was a good part of town and not many people were out but she kept her phone out just in case. Tracer arrived at the Bowling ring. She saw Mei outside, She was wearing high waisted jean shorts and a spaghetti strap top. "Hey love!" Tracer exclaimed. Mei looked up from her phone and shot her a smile "Hey!" Mei stumbled a bit initially going for a hug but then seemed to stop most likely thinking it was too soon for hugs, but tracer broke her indecisiveness by hugging her. "I'm surprised you were able to come!" Mei said "Well I wanted to get out anyway, but i'm happy you invited me!" Tracer replied. They made their way in, the ring was packed to the brim neon. Black lights beamed down making white fabric glow. The only other people who were there were the omnic staff. Mei bought them 2 games and swapped their shoes, after finding a weight they liked they started up the lane, cheesy visuals flashing on the overhead screen. "Did you have a good first day?" Mei asked as she sat down from her spare, "It was eventful," Tracer said, throwing her ball and getting all but 3. "It wasn't bad though" She added. Mei nodded "Yeah today was a fluke, that stuff almost never happenes outside of combat classes." Tracer received her ball from the conveyor and knocked only one more missing the other 2. Tracer sat back down, "Yeah it was surprising Genji was acting pretty chill almost all day, but as soon as whats his face opened his mouth he lost it". Mei nodded "Yeah i have no idea what happened, They used to be close like joined at the hip, But one day everyone just knew not to talk about it". Tracer and mei continued to bowl, switching every round. "Have you gotten any friends yet?" Mei asked, getting a strike, "Besides genji? Well Fareeha, I guess I talked with her today.". Mei gave an ecstatic ooo as she responded "She's really quiet most of the time! You must be special if she wanted to chat with you" Tracer responded with a simple "Yeah i guess'' leaving out that she mostly just wanted to learn about the fight.

 The final round came to an end, with Mei beating Tracer 2 to 1. They continued chatting while heading out, "Thanks for meeting with me Tracer" Mei said nervously. "I needed a break. All of my classes were taking its toll" she chuckled. Tracer laughed "I figured, I saw the work I couldn't even dream of taking them" She said. They hugged and said their goodbyes. Tracer walked back home, checking her phone the clock read 12:30, she sighed. The next morning would be rough as she had to wake up at 7 for school at 8. Entering the apartment, Tracer got ready for bed, jumping in and set her alarmed. She stared at the ceiling, slowly closing her eyes trying to drift asleep. But before she could, *Blink!*. She fell on her kitchen floor. "Oww" she let out. Rubbing her back, Even after all that research and time, her chronal accelerator still wasn't perfect. The occasional "Blink" happened without her wanting it, mainly when her emotions were heightened. With a sigh she took an Advil, rubbed her back and hopped in bed. This time, she actually went to sleep.