Chapter 18

Coles house Nighttime

The party had reached its peak, Lucio was playing music in the living room, and people crowded around, singing lyrics and dancing. Brigitte however, sat in the den with some of the other actors, mostly people who didn't want the rowdy atmosphere, along with wasted girls and guys attempting to sober up. Brigitte looked at her phone, still no message from Genji, she sighed and put up her phone. She got up and walked towards the kitchen, Cole stood near the bar sipping what seemed to be a glass of whiskey. "Howdy, what can I get you?" He asked, Brigitte, leaned over the island, "Something fruity, I don't care.". Cole grabbed a few ingredients and began to make a drink, adding them into a shaker, "You seem upset, something happen?" Cole asked. "Well." Brigitte began "I just haven't seen Genji around, im starting to think he just went home.". Cole began to strain the drink into a glass, the drink having a bright color, "eh, he's probably just with a gal or something, he's pretty well known for that" Cole commented. Brigitte's face filled with disappointment, as she looked towards the floor, "Oh. Yeah that's probably it.", She grabbed her drink and sipped it, and the fruity flavor filled her mouth.

Cole set down his shaker, seeing Brigittes face made him instantly know he fucked up. "Uh, Wait! I remember!" Cole exclaimed improvising, "He spilled a drink all over his shirt, I bet he's just washing up." Cole said. Brigitte's face brightened up a little bit, "Oh, thanks" She said, Cole smiled and nodded, Cole took out his phone and texted Genji as soon as she left. "Hey, told Brigitte you were washing up from a spilled drink, she'll probably be looking for you, be back asap".

Brigitte returned to the den, she looked towards a girl on the couch. "Hey, have you seen Genji?" She asked, The girl scoffed "Nope, don't really care either.", Brigitte rolled her eyes "Could have done without the attitude." She replied. The girl shot up her eyebrows "A little attitude is needed when it comes to that psychopath." She said under her breath. Brigitte took a step closer "What was that?" She questioned, "What? You're gonna disagree?" she said doubling down. "All he does is get into fights and fuck around with girls.", Brigitte couldn't think of anything to say so she just walked away from the girl with her fists clenched in anger.

Brigitte kept looking around, looking all around the first and second floors to no avail. She walked back into the kitchen standing at the bar, "Where the hell is that guy." She said to herself. She looked at her phone one last time, but still no text, she debated calling but decided she didn't want to disturb him if he was busy. She waited for a few minutes grabbing another drink from Cole before suddenly yells came from upstairs, and crowds of people came running to and from the second floor. Brigitte stood up and grabbed the first person she could find, "Hey what's going on?" She questioned, the Omnic guy looked towards her, "Genji attacked Chris!" He exclaimed.

*

Genji pulled the car into its original parking spot, making sure he did it as discreetly as possible. He climbed out and looked for a possible entrance point, he took his phone and turned it on, and began being barraged with texts from Brigitte and Cole. Genji sighed, "Guess I got to find a new shirt." He thought to himself, Genji looked through Cole's car, digging through the trunk and backseat, finally finding a faded black jacket. He took off his shirt and exchanged it for the jacket, before heading to the backdoor. He walked into the house and took a quick look around, "I'll check for Brigitte on the second floor and make my way down." He thought. Climbing the steps he arrived at the second floor, the tone was much quieter, a few of the cast were playing pool, while a few others were hanging out in chairs and the two couches. Genji scanned the rooms and the living room, before finding Mei on the couch, beside her was Chris who seemed to be trying to flirt with Her. Genji approached her but the closer he got the more he realized that Mei was incredibly uncomfortable.

"Hey Mei, sorry for ditching you, I had to replace my shirt," Genji said, Mei turned to face him, and she got a tad bit of relief. "Oh it's no big deal, would you take me to get a drink?" She said, Her voice cracked slightly. Chris gave a slight scowl towards Genji "Ah come on! I can go with you!" He exclaimed. Genji rolled his eyes, "Chris, you have a girlfriend, and she's clearly not interested." Genji gestured for Mei to stand up to tag along, and she did, standing up next to Genji. Chris got up and went in close to Genji "The hell man!" He shouted, the rest of the floor quieted down as they looked towards the three. "Come on Chris let it go unless you want your Girlfriend to find out about that incident in the garage." He whispered in annoyance. Chris chuckled for a few seconds before taking a hard right hook to Genji's jaw. Chris reeled back in pain, the metal plate on Genji's jaw causing a cut on his fist, Genji took a step back recovering from the hit every instinct in his body wanted to cave in his skull but as he faced Chris he felt Mei grab his shoulder lightly. It took all of his will, but Genji just let out a deep breath and turned around, "Hey sorry about that, some people can't hold their alcohol, let's go and find Cole." He said in a calm voice. Mei looked surprised at his reaction, but surprise then turned into relief "Yeah thanks Genji" She replied as they headed to the stairs.