Chapter 7

The road zoomed past the window as the limousine drove through the interstate. Honzo opened the fridge that was connected to the middle arm rest, and pulled out a water bottle. The ride was silent as the man driving had no desire for small talk, he leaned his head back and sat through the ride dreading going home.

The van pulled into the mansion,Honzo thanked the driver and went inside his home. Honzo entered,the house was pristine,if it wasn't for all the personal furniture and the few decorations you were to think it was just built. The house was incredibly modern with all the latest devices and tech. Honzo went through the living room setting his bag on the couch and entered the kitchen,grabbing a random snack bar from the cabinet, he sat at the island and munched as he sat in silence. He looked toward the living room at the walls,they looked barren very few pictures up. Honzo felt a sting of guilt, "Their used to be more." He thought to himself. The wall used to be filled with pictures of his old family, a family where Honzo felt loved.The door opened and Hono jumped a bit,heavy steps echoed through the house. A man wearing a dark suit bearing a resemblance to Honzo stood in the kitchen and his father, Sojiro, opened the fridge and grabbed a beer. "Honzo, how was school?" He said opening the bottle with a knife. "It was fine, Nothing of importance happened". As he said that his father looked displeased, He took a long sip of his drink before asking "And hows Genji?". "He hasn't been a problem, '' he said. Honzo felt lucky that his fathers secretary got the phone call instead of him. Sojiro set his drink down and looked at Honzo sternly,"You remember the deal don't you?". Honzo sighed in annoyance "Yes Father I remember" Sojiro smirked, "Good" he said finishing the bottle "I was cleaning out my office yesterday" He said pulling out a letter "I found one of the old Talon Academy letters" Honzo got up and threw away his trash "Father i'm not interested" Honzo replied. Sojiro rolled his eyes ''Why? This would be perfect to help you take over the family business!" He exclaimed. Honzo threw up his hands "I like Overwatch! And Talon hasn't been doing well recently anyway" Sojiro sighed and placed the letter on the island. Sojiro looked at his watch,"I have a meeting to get to." He said heading for the door, "If you get hungry order from my card" He shouted out as he left the house. Honzo got up and walked through the house's long hallway, only stopping at an empty room. Only a bed was in the room, nothing else. Honzo respected his father but resented him,the things he made him do. Honzo could never admit it, but he missed Genji. Honzo closed the door "It's too late now".

*

October 23rd

Genji woke up on the bench, getting up he head to a bus stop. The bus took him straight to Overwatch with the other students. He hopped off remembering about his auditions "I better check it out" he thought to himself "I wonder if I even got cast". He arrived at the drama room on the first floor, the kids around the printed list outside the door were studying it intensely, Genji stood on his toes and looked over their heads. Reading the list he saw his name written down under the tech list. "Oh tech" Genji thought. He wasn't upset, He wanted to do this only as a time waster. Before he walked off, he waited till he could get to the front. Reading the rest of the list, he saw his name under the understudy list as well. "Understudy? For who?" Genji read. "The Cowardly Lion", Genji was shocked he didn't expect to get that type of role. Genji scanned the rest of the roles seeing Brigitte Made the list as a crow and Dorothy's understudy. Genji took out his phone typing out "congratulations on the role!" and sent it to Brigitte, which was replied soon with a heart emoji and a "You to!".

The day was fine, uneventful but Genji had his first day of rehearsal. He went to the theater room, meeting Brigitte and the two sat in the classroom waiting for the meeting to start. Reinhardt walked into the room with a smile on his face "Hello!" He exclaimed to the class, joy in his voice. He stood in the front of the class "It's a joy to have you all in this show! My name is Reinhardt, you may know me as the Rugby coach. He proceeded to lecture the class about his expectations and what they needed to know about the show in general. He even handed out everyone's script. They did a read through, Genji didn't read today though. He just took note of the other actors. After the read through Reignhardt took them through the stage. It was state of the art. The lights were set up in a row of three attached to the ceiling, With a tech room in the back to oversee the whole auditorium. "All of the tech will help out with moving the sets and lights!" Reinhardt said, "Jessie show them what the lights can do!" Reinhardt shouted. A groan came from the tech room "Geez fine old man gimme a sec" A boy said in a thick yet tired country accent. After a second the lights came up and danced across the stage, a variety of patterns and colors were shown before cutting out. Genji was impressed it was almost like broadway.

Rehearsal ended and everyone said goodbyes, except for a few friend groups complaining about their role. Brigitte tried to convince Genji to stay at her place but he refused, He couldn't let himself be a burden. He sat at the sidewalk off of the school wondering where he was gonna go. Until he saw the tech boy Jessie. He was with a group of people behind his car far away from the school. Jessie looked pissed. Genji snuck around from the left hiding behind cars, being sure his metal did not cause a sound. As he got closer he started to hear a little something about owing a lot of money and the deadlock gang. "Shit" Genji thought to himself. "Deadlock is still around here? They were supposed to move down south" This is gonna make his plans a lot more complicated. Genji heard the guys move away, luckily not toward him. He heard Jessie curse under his breath. It was time to make his move, He stood up and approached Jessie "I thought Deadlock was supposed to be in the south" He said. Jessie rolled his eyes "Come on God I need a break". Jessie rubbed his temple "Yeah but boss had a change of plans" He sighed out Jessie leaned against his car's trunk. "What do you care, You're not a shimada anymore" Jessie said, more out of curiosity than spite. Genji got closer "No but what i'm planning, if the deadlocks are in town then its gonna cause a lot of unwanted attention" Jessie chuckled "Well now." He said, lighting a cigarette "What kinda plan do you have?" He asked. Genji got in his face "I'm planning on destroying the Shimada empire". Jessie's face stayed cold "Well, I think you're crazy" He said "But luckily so am I". Jessie took a long drag. "I'm Guessing you just don't want Deadlocks giving you more work right?" Genji nodded. "Then don't worry, Deadlocks Aren't really in business right now, I'm the only sales guy we have on the floor." Jessie flicked the cigarette butt away "your pops is putting us to shame". "So it looks like we have a common interest" Genji said, Jessie smiled, "Yep" he responded. Jessie got off of his trunk, "If you're serious about taking down your pops, then I'll help anyway I can". Genji was about to refuse his offer until he realised, "I need some supplies," Genji said. Jessie chuckled "Whatcha want?" He said, popping his trunk, Genji could only describe it as a criminal's wonderland. Filled with firearms, various odd weapons, and even some vape products. Genji looked around trying to find something he could use comfortably. Until he found a random sword in the pile of guns. "A sword?" Genji asked, "Yep but it's made of some special metals. Apparently it doesn't make much noise and is more durable than steel" Jessie said. Genji looked at the sword, seeing his reflection in the pristine blade. "I'll take it".

*

Tracer pulled into her home, opening the door and being greeted with Emily on the couch. The T.V was playing some video stream, "Hiya babe!" Tracer said, giving Emily a kiss "How was your day?" she asked. "Good" Emily exclaimed 'I got a call back from a job so I'm gonna start working soon!". "Congrats!" Tracer said "I wanna Hear all about it!" She said walking in before stopping at the T.V "um babe. What are you watching?" Emily looked confused. "Some streamer I found, she's pretty entertaining but she doesn't have too many viewers" Emily said "Why?". Tracer pointed at the T.V "That's my classmate! Hana!" Tracer said. Emily nearly spit out her soda "Wait seriously?!" she said in awe. "Yeah!" Tracer said "She's in my science class!" Emily looked thrilled "She's like my favorite streamer right now!" Emily said. Tracer giggled "Do you want me to talk to her for you?" Tracer offered, Emily got on her knees in a dramatic fashion "Please my queen!" She exclaimed. Tracer rolled her eyes and added the mental note before sitting down to spend the rest of the night with Emily.