Chapter 11

Tracer already felt the eyes of the class looking at her. She flipped through the packet to find her opponent, Amelie Lacroix. She looked at her profile, her powers seemed simple. She has a low body temperature and increased agility. She set her packet down and walked up to Winston, the gorilla after marking a few things down and looked towards Tracer. "Hey, are you ready?" Tracer nervously nodded, "You'll be alright I believe in you!" Tracer took a deep breath "Thanks" She let out finally able to form words. Winston smiled back "We had to make a few assumptions but we have some gear that you can change into" He said pointing to a dressing room.

*

Morrison leaned back in his chair letting out a sigh, his desk overflowing with detention slips and reports of fights. He rubbed his scruffy chin as he wished for a break, A knock at his door suddenly interrupted his peace. "Yes, what is it?" He asked the door opened Gabriel walking in with a small box. "You look like shit" He chuckled while sitting in front of him. Morrison sighed "Gabe, everything ok?" Morrison said worried that something happened. Gabe set the box down "Calm down jack" Gabriel said pointing at the box "Open it, i'll warn you though, you'll feel old as shit" Morrison opened the intricate box revealing a small flask, the flask was damaged, scuffed along the sides with a large chip on the lid. Morrison let out a sigh. "Damn you were right, You kept this old thing?" He asked inspecting it further. Gabriel smiled "It's a reminder, you know of all those good times out in the field" They both laughed. Morrison glanced at one of his pictures, he saw him and Gabe, the two dressed in full gear with their strike squad. Morrison reached under his desk and pulled out a bottle of bourbon. "Want a drink?" He asked Gabriel, He chuckled "Sure, todays been rough" Morrison poured the drinks giving a glass to Gabe. The two tapped the glasses together with a simple toast "Fuck Null Sector". The two chat while sipping on their drinks, before the conversation was interrupted by Gabriel. "So about that girl with the Chronal Accelerator'' He started "Are you sure she's safe?" He asked. Morrison finished his drink "Yeah i've taken every precaution while still letting her have freedom." He explained "I had her change her name, the apartment she's in has Agents on every floor, and her Chronal Accelerator has a sensor in it so we know if something happens to it." Gabriel nodded "And what about her partner?" He asked. Morrison shrugged "We have an agent at her work but that's about it" Gabriel looked displeased "Jack you know my connections, and they've been telling me that somethings about to happen." Morrison nodded "If you're serious i'll double the security" He said leaning forward Gabriel smiled. "Good, we don't want people getting hold of that girl". The two sat in silence for a moment, Before they both returned to work.

Tracer looked at herself in the dressing room mirrors, the suit was simple. Some leggings with a matching top and jacket. A note attached stated it was weaved with energy resistant fibers. Tracer finished adjusting her jacket before looking in the last package there with her name on it. She opened it up to reveal two arm holsters. She remembered her entrance form. It asked to describe her ideal hero weapon. "Taser gun with holsters on the arms" She said aloud, attaching them. She stood in the mirror giving herself one last boost of confidence.

Exiting the room she saw her opponent on the other side of the room. Tracer recognised her immediately as the girl that started the frenzy at the halloween dance. She was wearing just a latex suit, Similar to a gymnast, equipped with a utility belt, an odd forearm guard,and a stun rifle with a scope. They stepped up to their sides of the room, waiting. Winston looked at them both and nodded "alright everyone seems ready, now the rules are simple, if you can't or don't want to fight just raise your hand and call "Out" and the match will go to your opponent." The combatants nodded. Winston continued with the rules "The weapons you're using are non lethal so don't worry. The way to win is to pin your opponent for 10 seconds. Does everyone agree to the rules?" Winston asked the class. Everyone agreed, "Alright then if both combatants are ready then you can begin"