Chapter 17

November 18 Friday Afterschool theater room

The room could only be described as pure chaos, makeup fumes filled the air along with the smell of freshly washed costumes mixed with the aroma of various food being brought in. Genji, wearing black dress pants and a black tank top, was trying his best to keep up, helping the main actors prepare, fetching make-up, costumes, and anything the actors could think of. The theater classroom was finally satisfied now perfecting their makeup and wigs. He made his way to the stage, it was quiet on stage, everyone only in whispers. Cole's voice rang out on the intercom "Alright I need everyone to go in order, start checking your mics!" The lined-up actors began in order, singing and talking in character.

"Guys for the love of Christ speak louder!" Cole yelled from the booth "And where is Chris!" Cole yelled. Genji recognized his name, He was cast as the Lion, But Genji thought he was one of the Track members, most likely quit cause of the break. "Brittney! Where's your man!" Cole shouted, The actor of Dorothy shrugged "I don't know, he said he had something to do!" She responded. Cole could be seen getting up and walking off in frustration for a few seconds before coming back "Genji could you find that fella for me partner?" He asked, Genji gave a thumbs up. Genji first checked the theater room, besides the nervous freshman and rehearing ensemble he couldn't see him. "Hey, has anyone seen Chris?" Genji asked the group, most of the sophomores and above simply rolled their eyes and looked away. The usual for most people responding to him, but thankfully one of the freshman girls spoke up "I saw him heading to the garage with one of the crows, apparently he needed to check something with her" A few of the girls in the room looked at each other, clearly already making theories of what was going on, "Thanks, uh what's your name?" Genji asked "Satya" She responded, going back to her makeup "Got it Satya, thank you".

Genji approached the garage door, A large space where the department kept all of the set materials and supplies, wood, nails, previous set pieces, and even large racks of costumes through the years. He bent down, grabbing the door and lifting it up enough for him to climb under, he locked it in place and did just that. He walked through the chilly room heading towards the back, he passed a large coat rack, and looking to the right he saw Chris and the girl Satya mentioned on one of the set couches, making out. Genji died inside slightly, "Dear God, the drama about this is going to flood this department" He thought to himself, Genji flicked the back of Chris's head, Chris spun around and his face went white, The girl hopped up and composed herself before running off in a fast walk. Chris stood up pissed, "What the hell man!" He exclaimed Genji gestured in the direction of the stage "They need you for mic check" He said before walking away, Chris picked up his mic "If you mention this you're dead!" He called, Genji scoffed "Go ahead, you'll fail but take your best shot" he growled walking away.

The final 30 minutes before the show approached, Genji sat in a chair near the dressing room, observing the actors running around in panic. "Hey Genji" Brigitte called walking over "Yeah what's up" He responded standing up, Brigitte was wearing a black dress with feathers over the skirt, Genji could tell it was well made. If he wasn't an Overwatch agent Reinhardt could have a solid career as a fashion designer. "I need your help putting on my mic" She said with an exhausted sigh "I tried forever but it's just too annoying". Genji grabbed the black mic holder belt, "Where do you want it?" He asked, "Right around my waist" she answered. Genji did as she asked, securing the belt. "Now, I need you to zip me up" She asked. Grabbing it with his left hand he pulled it up, as Genji pulled the zipper closed his hand felt her back, he couldn't help but notice how toned it was. "You must work out a lot" Genji commented, Brigitte had a proud look on her face "A little, but most of this is just from working," she said "Its kinda killed my dating pool with the guys, but the ladies go crazy" she joked. Genji laughed "Well, those guys are idiots" He replied.