Chapter 19

At Nighttime, Brigittes house

Brigitte sat down on her bed, looking at her phone, and scrolling through social media. All she could see were videos and pictures of Genji's fight. She groaned, any goodwill Genji had built up was now gone in the wind. She was about to turn off her phone but noticed a notification from a follower. She looked at the page, the page was owned by a girl named Oliva. Brigitte looked through and it was filled with pictures of a Latina girl with a lot of tech-based posts as well. Soon, a message came from Oliva, "Hey, you're friends with Genji right?" She asked. Brigitte thought for a second, this whole situation was pretty weird. "Yeah, who are you?" She sent back. "I'm a student from Talon, just arrived." Oliva said, "That fight was pretty brutal, Genji really let that guy have it." Brigitte was curious so she responded, "What do you want?". Oliva responded quickly "I bet you want Genji's reputation to be better, I can do that, all you need to do is introduce me to him.". Brigitte was confused, "Why?" She asked. "Cause, He's cute," Oliva said. Brigitte was skeptical, why would someone do all of this work, just because they have a little crush? But as Brigitte contemplated the deal, she thought about how much Genji needed this. "Sure, if you can do what you said, I'll introduce you". Brigitte got no response, she sighed and turned her phone off, and climbed into bed.

Tracers house nighttime

Tracer stood outside her apartment door, dialing a number she hoped she'd never have to call. The phone connects, "Tracer! Are you ok?" Winston asked. "Winston, something happened, my powers, they are getting stronger." She said. Winston took a moment, "Tell me more.". "Well, I traveled through time, not like how I usually do, like I went back through the timeline, and was able to make different decisions." Winston responded quickly, "Tracer this is huge news! We need more tests but this could be a real breakthrough! This Monday at school we'll need to run some tests." He said, Tracer sighed "As long as I can go home after." Winstions toned changed to a softer tone. "Of course, we won't keep you for long, it won't be like last time.".

Monday, November 21st, Morning at Overwatch High

Genji adjusted his backpack, he dreaded the school day. He knew everyone was going to talk about the fight, and most likely take Chris's side. He approached the doors, taking a deep breath before walking inside. Just as he predicted people left and right were staring and whispering, he kept his head down and tried to move quickly to class. "Yo! Genji!" a voice in front of him called. Genji sighed and looked towards him, "Good work last night man, guy really had it coming!" He exclaimed. Genji was taken aback, "Uh, what do you mean." He asked hesitantly. The guy looked confused, "The guy you beat up last night? The sexist asshole had it coming." He commented before walking away. Genji was baffled but continued walking through the hallway.

"Brigitte, what the hell is going on?" Genji asked, meeting her in the main hall. "You haven't seen? Some girl posted pictures of Chris talking to other girls, plus the pool ball he threw at Mei!" she said showing her phone. Genji looked at the phone and saw a picture of Chris throwing the pool ball at Mei, and a caption that read "Can't believe this asshole did that, really got what he deserved.". Brigitte scrolled and saw more and more posts defending him, even some from people he knew. "What the hell, this isn't what I expected to happen," Genji muttered. Brigitte smiled "Come on man! Lighten up! Right now you're the coolest guy on campus! Enjoy it!" She said playfully punching his shoulder. "Yeah, It'll be a nice change of pace," He said, grinning. "I can't believe she pulled it off," Brigitte thought, and on cue her phone buzzed, looking at the text it was from Oliva "I held up my end of the bargain, now it's time for yours.".

*

Monday Free period

Genji yawned, mindlessly turning the page in his textbook, the silence only being broken by the news being played on the projector. "At least it provides good background noise." Genji thought until the newscaster's voice broke through his head. "In the latest news a warehouse has been revealed to be an Omnic smuggling ring. The location was also raided by a mysterious vigilante.". Genji shot his head up watching the screen closely, The news cut to an interview with an Omnic man. "He came out of nowhere, I thought we were all going to die but he saved us!".