Chapter 15

November 15th Tuesday

Genji woke up hearing an alarm going off, It wasn't his phone though it was an alarm clock right next to his bed. He slapped the top of it turning it off, He groaned and attempted to get more sleep before hearing knocking at his door. "Genji! Get up we have to get to school" Ana called. Genji looked at the clock just now realizing the time, "What the hell do you mean! It's only six!" Genji called. "I have to be there early, I'm responsible for opening the doors and turning off security". Genji sighed and slowly arose from his bed, "Hey did you forget I'm missing a leg!" He called out to her. A few seconds of silence came from behind the door, "I'll be right back.".

With a cane in hand, Genji was able to wobble his way to the kitchen island. Sitting down Ana placed a pretty basic meal of toast and eggs in front of him, He didn't complain though, it was the first time in a while his breakfast didn't come from a gas station. He ate the food, clearing the plate. Ana fetched his bag from his room and threw it over her back, "Time to head out" She said, approaching Genji helping him up. She guided him to her car, eventually getting settled, and began the drive.

"At least I won't have to worry about People seeing me like this" Genji commented. Ana raised her eyebrows "Why would people seeing you like this be bad?". Genji thought for a second "You know, being weak and all of that", Ana rolled her eyes "All of you students are too worried about whos stronger, You're still young be kids for christ's sake". Genji stayed quiet, she had a point. "What do you suggest I do?" Genji asked, "Well besides anything with friends, you could work on your reputation" Ana said. Genji nodded "Yeah, I don't have much credibility at the moment". Ana smirked "Well no, you have some, I've heard the theater department likes you". Genji jolted up "Shit! The show is this Friday!" He blurted out, "I almost forgot!".

*

Fareeha pulled into the strip, finding a parking spot near the back. "So what are we doing?" Mei asked, "Just gotta pick up some stuff and we're good to go". The two of them walked through the mall to the back towards a smoke shop, "Hey if they ask you're 21" Fareeha said walking in, startled Mei just nodded and walked behind her. The shop was simple, with two isles of products protected by glass cases. The empty shop was only occupied by one cashier, "Hello Fareeha!" a surprisingly loud voice called. "Hey Jamison, what's up?" She asked, He chuckled "Nothing just the usual chaos and mayhem". His attention turned to Mei, "Hello I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you!" "My names Jamison but all the ladies call me Junkrat". Fareeha leaned over to Mei "Don't listen to him he means well just has some screws loose". Mei nodded "Well I'm Mei, nice to meet you". Fareeha chimed in as soon as Mei finished "Hey could I get my usual?" Fareeha asked. Jamison nodded and went to the backroom for a few seconds before coming back out with a large bag.

The two got back into the car setting the bag in the backseat, "So where do you wanna go?" Fareeha asked. Mei thought for a second "Uh maybe we could just chill at my house?" Mei suggested Fareeha thought for a second "Hm, I have to drop this stuff off, how about my place?" She asked. Mei agreed and the two drove to Fareeha's apartment.

Fareeha let Mei go first in her apartment, letting her take in the room. "Oh it's quite nice" Mei said, Fareeha smiled "Yeah it's not much but I get by" She said setting the bag down on her counter. "What did you get?" Mei asked, Fareeha started pulling out the contents, various Juul and vape products along with a large pack of various snacks which she couldn't recognize. "I usually go to Cole for my stuff but Jamison is a good alternative". Mei went and sat down on the couch, "So what's going on with your girlfriend?" She asked. Fareeha sighed, she thought about what happened and decided it would be for the best if she didn't mention the fight with Genji "Well, I thought she was cheating on me and I blew up on her, but I was wrong." Fareeha said, Mei, nodded as she listened, "Do you think you were in the right for acting out?" Mei asked. Fareeha scoffed "Of course not, it was completely uncalled for on my end" She finished up putting away her stuff and sat down next to her.