Chapter 9

Tracer was concerned with getting out as fast as possible, But Genji had other ideas. He was throwing as much food as he could on the way out, pelting kids left and right, Tracer was just thankful his brother wasn't there. Otherwise this would have been far worse. The duo made it out of the theater, dashing toward Tracer's bike. The two caught their breath as they laughed from the experience. Tracer was about to ask him what they wanted to do, before she pointed out "Hey you got a lot of icing on your arm." Genji got quiet before looking down at his robotic hand. "...Shit" Genji said aloud. He took out his phone and dialed Angela. It was a bit early but maybe he could get those upgrades a little sooner. "Hey tracer, could you give me a ride?"

Angela finished up her report, saving before sitting back. The room was messily filled with medical supplies, her and Eric's mission was completed and she could go back to Overwatch high. Her phone buzzed, looking at the text it was from Fareeha. "Hey babe, can't wait for tomorrow!" It read. Angela smiled, she had gotten her and Fareeha tickets for a local show happening on Halloween. Angela was about to respond before a sudden crash came through the room. "Damn! This stuff is a pain to move" Eric exclaimed, moving medical equipment to its proper containers. "Well you lost so it's your job" Angela said smugly. Eric groaned "When am I going to learn to stop throwing rock", The siblings chuckled. Angelas phone vibrated, a call from Genji. She slid to answer "Hey Genji what's up?" Angela listened closely. "Eric, could you unpack the equipment please!" she asked. Eric looked like he was going to scream, but he just took a deep breath and started to unload the boxes.

Genji hopped off the bike and tracer followed him into the building, Angela was waiting, an operating table waiting for him. Genji felt sick, he remembered this chair all too well. He swallowed his fear and stepped towards it. Laying down, Angela started organizing her tools as Eric came up beside him. "Hey man you ok?" He asked him. Genji exhaled, "I-I'm alright" Genji stuttered a bit. Eric grabbed Genji's scarred, non-metal arm. "You'll be ok, I promise you!" Eric exclaimed "Look you'll be out for most of it so don't even worry, it'll just take some adjustment and you'll have to stay here for a bit." Genji sighed in relief before looking over to Tracer, "hey take these" He said handing Tracer His tickets to Lucios Halloween show "I'll be out of commision for the next few days. So have fun in my place" Tracer accepted "thanks Genji!" Tracer said. Mercy approached Genji, a shot in hand. She injected him, and after a few minutes he was out like a light.

October 31st-midday

Genji slowly woke up, and he knew immediately that there was a big change. He didn't feel heavy, his arm felt light, and so did his legs. Genji sat up slowly, and Angela and Eric rushed to his side "Hey Genji how are you?" Genji flexed his robotic joints "Good! Surprisingly good!" Genji was shocked. His voice was fine, no rasp, no sharp pain. "Angela what did you do!" Genji said in awe. Angela got a proud look on her face. "Well all the pain came from the robotic muscles being strained by the metal skin around it." She began "and because it was strained it caused you to become hypersensitive to any clotting of any sort.". Eric nodded "We developed a new metal, Strong as steel but three times lighter, with sound absorbing properties. Genji's face went deadpan "A metal that absorbs sound and is lighter than steel.". Angela cocked her head "everything ok?" she asked. Genji came back to reality "yeah i'm just amazed that you could do this"

Angela left for the day, saying something about meeting with someone. Eric stayed behind, doing some work. Genji was playing on his phone, passively thinking about if he should bring this up with Eric. Eric stopped scanning the supply boxes "Genji how does everything feel?" Genji looked up "Oh! Good!" He responded. Eric stretched his arms "Would you like to test out your mobility?" Genji shot up "Absolutely! I wanna see if I can get back to my usual tricks!".

The two went to a small area which had a soft mat on the floor, Eric took off his jacket and stretched. "If you feel anything off let me know and I'll adjust it" Eric said, getting into a sparring stance as Genji did the same. Genji launched first throwing a punch, His hand was lighter than what he was used to so he over shot, missing Eric completely. Eric moved his feet, fast and light, before hitting Genji's chest with a jab. Genji grabbed his arm jumping up and kicked him back, dropping to the floor. Eric recovered laughing "Woah you're already getting used to it" he said. Genji nodded "It's because this metal is so light" He commented. Eric looked pleased "Well it's just something me and Angela worked on with Torbjorn ''. Genji paced around a little bit "So it's only owned by you three?" Genji asked. "Eric scratched his head "Well just me and Angela, Torbjorn didn't want to use it at all." Eric said "It doesn't conduct heat well". Genji looked him in the eyes "Eric I found a weapon that's almost exactly like this metal". Eric stayed silent but he was sweating bullets. He walked up to Genji and put his hand on his shoulder, "Look, There's some stuff going on right now." Eric admitted,"Someone has some dirt on me so I did them a favor and gave them some metal to use." Eric looked ashamed, but from the tone of his voice Genji knew he was backed against a corner "Who Eric? Give me a name and I'll take care of them!" Genji said enraged. Eric shook his head "Genji, it's a complex situation, It's been worked out." Genji let out a sigh "alright, but if you need anything let me know" Genji said. Eric smiled "same goes to you". Genji was about to end the conversation there before he thought of an idea. "Eric, do you still have any of the metal?" Genji asked. Eric looked confused "I mean, yeah we have a ton" Eric responded. Genji scratched the back of his head. "Could I have some?" Eric looked a little suspicious before Genji clarified 'For repairs and stuff I wanna make sure I don't have to bother Angela everytime I do something stupid". Eric let out an "ooooh" before continuing "Yeah sure I'll give you some when you head out".