Chapter 45: An Unexpected Party

The cold winter season had ended and was now time for the early spring to take its place. However, spring seemed to take a different face than what it's usually known for. Instead of the warm sunlight and soothing breeze accompanied by the sounds of birds and fresh flowers, it was all so gloomy with the clouds covering the entire sky. With how dark the clouds were getting and how there seemed to be no end to them, it became clear to everyone that sooner or later they will be met with a strong rainstorm.

In the kitchen, Baldroy was doing his duties, peeling at some potatoes while Mey-Rin stood by and looked up at the dreary clouds from the window. The young maid let out a depressed sigh. "I can't say as I'm overly fond of this weather."

"That's just the way it is around here though, ain't it? Always gloomy. I'll tell ya, it's enough to make a man feel li-." Baldroy said before he was suddenly cut off when an explosion erupted from behind them. The chef and maid quickly turned around to see what had just happened. Stepping in as the dust began to settle, the two men in white walked into the kitchen. The man with the long hair smiled as he cheerfully greets the others. "Hello there, top of the morning. Don't mind us, we just dropped by for a little chat with the Earl."

It was already bad enough that whoever these men were just busted into their home the way they did, but considering they were here for their young Master, Baldroy and Mey-Rin immediately go on the defensive. They weren't getting anywhere near him. "Who the hell might you be?" Baldroy questioned them.

"Me?" The man with the long hair asked with a carefree shrug. "Why? If you don't like my answer, what are you going to do about it?!" He then suddenly unsheathes his rapier and charges at the two at a break-neck pace. Mey-Rin thought fast and grabbed the nearest pot. Throwing it at the swordsman. He easily knocks the pot out of the way, sending it and its contents on the floor. Baldroy and Mey-Rin quickly moved out of the way from him, but the chef ducked down and tried to go around him when the white-haired man caught him in his sights. Bringing his blade up as he prepares to cut down the American.

However, before he could, sounds of gunfire rang throughout the kitchen as the pans fell from their holders. The bullets flew across the room, passing through the pans and just barely passing the swordsman. Mey-Rin was kneeling by the corner and she holds out her two handguns. Her glasses were thrown off and she glared daggers at him.

"Oh my, two guns is it? How spiffing!" The swordsman said, impressed with the expert sniper. Mey-Rin fired off her guns, trying to get a hit on the man, but he was moving so quickly. He then grabbed a pan, using it to block the bullets as he rushed at her with incredible speed. Before Mey-Rin knew it, he was already close. Her eyes went wide as he swung his sword. With one quick swipe of his sword, the man was right behind her and had easily sliced her guns in half. "But the advantage is mine in a close-quarters fight. You see?!" He shouts as he swiftly turns to strike at Mey-Rin. The Maid turned to see his attack but looks over his shoulder to find Baldroy standing behind him with a knife in hand. Unfortunately, The swordsman had sensed his presence. He then stomps on Mey-Rin, knocking her down to the floor, and agilely dodges Baldroy's attack. "Behind you~." He said in a cheery tone. 

He lands back on his feet and thrust his blade towards Baldroy who just had a split second to turn around to the tip of the blade coming right at him. He held his breath when just as suddenly Sebastian had come in and stopped the fight in its tracks. He kneeled in between them and was holding up a three-tier dessert server. Baldroy was forever grateful that the blade had just missed mere inches from his face and was stabbed through a cream puff. Meanwhile, the unnamed swordsman was left speechless by the sudden appearance of the handsome butler.

He took a step back, pulling his sword back to him as Sebastian rose to his feet and smiled at him. "Custard cream puffs. The filling was made from the eggs of our very own Phantomhive chickens and is of the highest quality. We would be honoured if you tried one." He says, politely urging the man to taste it. The swordsman gave him a stare before he blithely complies. He took a bite at the cream puff and after a moment looked to be very satisfied with it.