Chapter 1: Goodbye Japan.

A young girl of fifteen years walked down the barely lit streets as she walked to the place she calls home. If one could call it a home. She had just finished school for the day, though it was a bit different than it usually was. Before the day ended, she called into the office by one of the administrators, once there, he told her that he received a call from her mother saying she will no longer be a student at Yomiyama North Middle School, and that she will be transferred somewhere else. She honestly had no idea where she'll attending now, nor why her mother cared enough to call them, but she didn't care. Wherever she'll go, it'll just be the same as anywhere else.

Her home, if you could call it that, was an odd place, to say the least. It was a doll shop/museum called 'Misaki M. Studio' where the hollow blue eyes are empty to all, in the twilight of Yomi. It was owned by her mother, Kirika. She's also the one who makes all of the dolls while her grandmother works as the receptionist for the place. Not many people come by the shop, mostly because they tend to avoid it as they believed the dolls might be cursed for some reason. Still, it hardly mattered to her or her mother.

The girl looked up and noticed a 'For Sale' sign of the window, a taxi, and a moving van outside of the shop. When her mother had called, she didn't expect to see any of this. She believed that she was just going to a new school, but also an entirely different place? This spiked her curiosity, but not by much. She walked through the front door and was greeted, kind of, by her grandmother who was sitting near the front of the store. "Welcome. I could put on some tea." She didn't bother to say anything to her as she was about to go up to her room when she took noticed that almost everything in the store was packed up into boxes and all of her mother's dolls were gone too. No doubt placed inside of the boxes.

"What's all this about?" She asked herself. Her question was answered by a young woman with long, dark brown hair, which is placed in a blue ribbon at the back of her head, and brown eyes. Kirika. Her mother. She came into the room carrying yet another box. "I'm glad you were able to show up. I had just finished packing."

"Packing? Why are you packing for?"

"I've gotten a wonderful job offer." She told her. "One of my beautiful dolls was featured in a toy shop in England and the owner of a very famous toy company has been very intrigued with them has given me a place." She explained. "I was so deeply moved; I took up his offer immediately."

"So, We're moving to England?"

"Of course. Master Phantomhive has send us tickets for a boat leaving tonight."

"I see." She said nothing else and went up to her room on the second floor. She went to her closet and pulled out her suitcase. She packed her clothes, books, art supplies and other necessary items to take with her. For suddenly knowing that they'll be moving, the girl was very calm about it. She couldn't care less about leaving. Since her second year of middle school was coming to an end anyway, she wondered if she can take her school uniforms with her. It can pass off as ordinary clothing, right?

 It's not like anyone's going to miss her or anything when she's got. The girl didn't have any real friends to say 'goodbye' to. She never understood as to why, but her classmates have always shunned her. Instead of calling her Mei Misaki, they call her a one-eyed freak, a creepy loner, and sometimes referring her as a 'thing'. They had gone so far to not even consider as a person and call her 'it' as well. Ever since Mei was in the fifth grade, she'd always been bullied by others. Well...that might not be entirely true.

They had been a few girls who were more generous and kinder to her than the rest of the class. They would talk to her everyday and spend a lot of time with her throughout the school day. Just this afternoon, they had heard that she was leaving and got her in a group photo. On the way home, they had given her the developed picture and told Mei to keep it as an memento of their friendship. They'd wished her the best of luck. Mei appreciated them for what they've done, but considering that she was always alone, Mei believed they were only nice to her out of pity. Still, it's the thought that counts.

Once Mei finished packing, she went back downstairs and found all the boxes were being stocked into the moving truck, and her mother and grandmother were settled in the taxi. Mei gazed back at the now empty shop which she spent the last fourteen years in. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't going to miss it. Yet, that's only half right. Maybe England won't be so bad. Mei placed her suitcase into the trunk and got inside the car. And off they went towards the harbor.

Mei gazed out the window, and watched silently as the small town of Yomiyama passed by. Unlike the great cities like Tokyo in Japan, she lived in a plain, boring countryside town with no extraordinary features nor does it have any fascinating landmarks. Clearly not even worth living in. Least in her opinion.

It was a little after eight o' clock and it was pitch black out, by the time they got to the harbor. Waiting for them was a ferry that was set a course for England, ready for them to hop aboard. The three ladies handed in their tickets and had their luggage taken care of by the crew members. Afterwards they went to their rooms, settling in for the night, the family set off to their new home.

Goodbye Japan...hello England.