Chapter 6: Jack the Ripper. Part 1

"Young master, yet more letters for you have arrived today." Sebastian tells his master as he placed a large stack of envelopes on his desk. Ciel looked at the stack with great annoyance. Ugh, it's always the same thing, every time when the Season would come about. Every year, in May through August, when the weather is at its best, is known as the "Season," and aristocrats leave their manors to their London townhouses in order to attend social events. Like what's happening now, except...Ciel is not in the least bit interested in attending. "The Season is nearly over, damned idlers. Yet they're all in search of guest for their silly balls...nothing good happens in London." The blue-eyed boy said. Letting out a sigh. Well...time to reject these silly invitations.

"Earl Warwick...Baron Bath....Countess Gartland..." He said as he tossed the invites to the side, rejecting each one of them at a time. Sebastian had pulled out a notepad and began making a list for said invitations. Ciel had gone through all of the envelopes sent to him until he reach the final one. And it was one, where he was in no position to reject. This envelope held the royal seal of the Queen herself. With no other choice, as if he had one, Ciel rose up from his seat and ordered for Sebastian to ready the carriage.

"Of course. Master, should we inform Lady Misaki of our departure?" Sebastian asked him. Ciel was about to say so, but then thought back to Kirika's letter and how long he was going to be gone, Mei was going to be left alone with the servants. And God only knows how that'll turn out as she has no idea how to deal with them. Being the only other person who enjoys peace and quiet, and doesn't annoy him, Ciel thought that it might be best if she would come with them. Merely to have someone to have some kind of conversation during his mission. However, he'll make full certain she will NOT get involved in this.

"Actually, she'll be coming along. Once your done, go inform her of our trip." Ciel said. Sebastian was a little surprise at that, but he gave a bow and left to do what was asked of him. Meanwhile with Mei, she was in her room, reading a novel. But couldn't focus her attention on it. Since yesterday, Mei couldn't simply put aside what Tanaka had told her. The destruction of the manor, the death of Lord Phantomhive's parents, and of course remembering the color she saw on Sebastian that one night. Form the very start, she felt uneasy about the entire manor and the hellish colors made it worse. She was curious if there's something else going on, but she couldn't go act on it. As she refused to see it with her left eye, she swore to never remove her eyepatch for any other reason. Besides, they do say that curiosity kills the cat.

Mei was brought out of her thoughts when she heard a knock at her door. "Yes?" She said. The door opened to reveal the handsome butler himself, Sebastian. "Please, pardon the intrusion my lady. But the young Master wishes to invite you on his trip to the city." He said. Mei blinked. "The city? What for?" She asked him.

"Around this time of year, the nobility migrated to town from the country to attend social gatherings. Of course, there's no need for you to go to said gatherings if you don't want to. I believe will be beneficial for the both of you, seeing as you two are behaving like strangers. Perhaps, this will allow the two of you to become friends." Sebastian explained to her. Mei thought about and did thought that it might serve a little change of pace. Even she didn't want to be stuck in one place. "Alright. Are we leaving now?"

"Yes. Please don't worry. There's no need to rush." Sebastian smiled at her as he gave her a bow before leaving. Mei set down her down her book and went to pack up for the trip. Soon after, she met up with Ciel outside, and after getting a tearful...ughh....'farewell' from Finnian and May-Rin, they got settled in the carriage. With Sebastian taking the reins. When they got to the city, Mei looked out the window and was amazed by just how many people were there. No doubt, a whole lot of them were lords and ladies from all across London. They must really love this time of year. Mei looked back at Ciel and saw the envelope in his hands. He's been staring at it for a while now. She found it odd for him to be coming here in the first place since she wasn't told that Ciel almost never accepts an invitation to balls or anything of the sort. Must be a very important invitation for him to not reject it.