Chapter 9: Jack the Ripper part 4

"A normal cabinet, once I've climbed inside, shut it tightly and bind it with these chains. Then simply run it through with the swords." Sebastian said as he told Lau on what to do on his part. Handed him the bladed weapons as he began stepping into the cabinet. When seeing what he had in mind, the crowd watched in anticipation. Both fearful, yet engrossed in the magic show before them.

"I shall emerge perfectly unharmed. This is no mere trick or illusion. Prepare for a performance of true magic." Sebastian said, reassuring the audience as he locked himself into the cabinet. The chains wrapped around in, and locking in place. Making any attempt to escape that much more difficult. Lau gazed at the sword in hand with uncertainty before saying, "Ah. Well here goes nothing." He then leaped up into the air and struck the top part of the cabinet first! 'HE AIMED DIRECTLY AT THE HEAD FIRST-!!?' The audience screamed in their thoughts and they were shocked by the sudden action by the Chinese nobleman. In blinding speed, Lau had stabbed every sword he was given into every part of the cabinet till it looked liked an oversized pincushion. Scaring the audience even more.

When Lau was done, he took a step back and he presented the sword-filled cabinet to the crowd. "I suppose that will do. Well. What do you say? Is he still alive?" He asked. 'He didn't hold back in the slightest!!' The chains were then removed and some of the swords had fallen off. The doors began opening that half the crowed were terrified to see the end result. To their amazement, Sebastian had walked out of the cabinet completely unharmed. They were still in shocked but they cheered for the outstanding magic trick they had preformed. Madam Red had come in, just as amazed, with a bright smile. "Sebastian! How incredible!" She told him.

"Yes, indeed. For a moment there, I thought I'd killed you." Lau said, smiling. "It actually hurt more than expected. I didn't think you would aim straight for my head. Anyone else would have died." Sebastian said, rubbing the top of his head as he stared to walk away. "So what's the trick to it anyway?" Lau asked.

"You stabbed him that many times without knowing!? Uh!" Madam Red shouted at Lau. How in God's name could he be that reckless?! Sebastian turned back to the two of them as he gave a smile. "Like I told you. There were no tricks or illusions, just magic."

In the another room, Aleistor opens another door for them as he said, "We're going somewhere I'm sure you'll find very amusing, I know I do. Please." Ciel and Mei walked in cautiously, surveying the area around them. It seemed normal enough, but then a strange smell began filling their noses. It was awfully sweet, yet way too strong for any normal person to handle. Almost causing the two to nearly gagged by just the first whiff. 'What is that smell? It's suffocating.' Ciel thought. Mei thought the same thing as she gasped at the creepy look Aleistor was giving her and took a step back. 'We... We got to get away.'

He didn't like this. Ciel's instincts were telling him that something was very wrong here and he needed to escape. He tried to speak and pushed Mei to run but they were quickly overcome by the gas. 'Ah.... Uhh.... Damn him.' Ciel thought as he took in the smile the Druitt gave them as they collapse onto the floor. "See, aren't you enjoying yourself? Little robin. Little doll." Aleistor said. Mei tried to stayed awake and make her way towards the door. Struggling to reach the handle and make her way back to the ballroom. 'I... need to get out of here... I have to tell...the others...' Mei's fingers only grazed it as she saw the Viscount walking over and reaching out to her. Then her world faded into black.

******

Mei soon had woken up, but she was still too groggily to be make any words come out. She found herself sitting in a dark room. Way too dark. Is this the way the room looked? Wait...she felt a knot tied in the back of her head. A blindfold? Not only that, but she also felt roped tied around her waist and both of her wrists were bounded. What happened to her? Where was she? Soon her memories came to her. They came to the Viscount Druitt's ball to try and investigate him...he lead her and Ciel in a room and-. 'Lord Phantomhive.... Where is he? Is he here with me?' Mei thought. She felt someone next to her and concluded that it might be Ciel.