Chapter 5: The Belle of the Ball

A few weeks had passed since Ciel's kidnapping and so far, no had been the wiser. Ciel played it off as he got his injuries by a simple trip, stating he had gone out for a long walk. The servants had believed him without question. Only the three of them knew what really happened, but Ciel had practically ordered Mei to not say a word about the whole situation. He didn't any room for an argument, not she was going to argue with him in the first place, so she decided to keep it to herself. After a while, Mei had went to Ciel once and asked him if he wanted to resume that conversation that never happened, but he surprised her by saying that she should just forget it about. Not only that, but he was also told her to call him by his name. Though she had no idea why he would.

Mei didn't think she could ask him, even now when they're sitting at dinner table about to enjoy some breakfast. Mei placed a napkin on her lap when she heard loud screaming that coming her way. "Nooooo! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! Aaaaahhhhh!" The doors burst opened to reveal Grell Sutcliff, Madam Red's butler. He had brown hair tied with a red ribbon, and is dress in plain, black clothes. He was being carried away by the cart and he slammed right into Finnian with a loud crash. Breaking nearly all the plates and teacups, with the teapot landing on Finnian's shirt and burning him. Finnian jumped up, grabbing his shirt and screaming out, "Ahhh! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot!" Grell eventually snapped out of his daze and realised on what he had done. Panicking, he ran up to Finnian and saying, "I'm so, so sorry! Ah, I'll wipe it off!" Grell reached up to grab a napkin off the table, but when he did, he had the horrible mistake of grabbing, not only the napkin, but also the entire tablecloth, dragging every thing down to the floor, ruining breakfast. Except for Mei's, as she picked up her plate before it escaped her.

When everything fell to the floor, Grell panicked again as he let out a cry of shock. Upon his actions, Ciel let out a sigh and pinch the bridge of his nose. God, he was so useless...but then again...he could be worse, probably. "Master, why did you agree to take in such a useless idjit?" Baldroy asked him, whispering in his ear.

"You're one to talk, Bard." Ciel sighed. "It didn't seem like such a bad idea." If your wondering why Madam Red's butler is within the Phantomhive household, is because just other day she stop by the manor and asked her young nephew for a "small" favor Grell's consideration. "Oh, Ciel darling. I have a problem. Grell is hopelessly incompetent. Could you do me a tiny favor and have Sebastian train him to be a decent butler? Can't refuse your favorite aunt can you?" That what she said to him on that day, and since she was right, Ciel had to take him in for Sebastian to train to be a more sufficient butler, however even with his help, his incompetence only served to anger and annoy Ciel and the other servants. Mei honestly thought that he was just fit to be a butler. Even the servants here aren't as hopeless as he was. Not only that, but she got a weird feeling from him. Every time she'd look at his direction, her eye would twinge under her eyepatch.

"I thought Sebastian would be the only one in convenienced. I never expected that I would be affected as well." Ciel said, holding up his head. Mei looked at him and asked, "Do you think that maybe Mr. Sutcliff isn't the type to be a butler, Lord Phantom...oh, I mean, Ciel?" She still hasn't gotten used to that. "That thought did cross my mind." He told her. Grell sank down to his knees, and hung his head in shame. "I'm so sorry for causing all this trouble. I simply don't know how I can apologise enough." He said. Suddenly he rose up to his feet and seemed to have some kind of breakdown as he suddenly pulled a knife out of nowhere and raised to his throat. "Wait! That's it! The only thing I can do now is die! I shall atone with my death!" He shouted. Wait, is he being serous?!

"Whoa! Calm down a second!" Baldroy yelled out, trying to stop him.

"Umm, Should we take the knife away?" Mey-rin asked.