Chapter 4

{Play the music if you'd like! It's the song playing in the restaurant.)

"What are you doing?" I groaned at him as he was still holding onto my arm.

I heard my heels clanking as we moved onto the wood dance floor, the song changing into a slower pace as couples entered the dance floor. My mother, Jax, Raymond, and Jesse all stared at us with smiles as Marcus moved my hands to his shoulders, moving his hands to my waist.

As I looked over at my mother, I saw her whispering to Jax while looking at us and smiling. I rolled my eyes before looking back at Marcus.

I swayed in annoyance as Marcus scoffed. "You could at least act like your having fun." He furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Oh please. Like your having fun right now either." I groaned.

"And what if I was?" After Marcus' remark I took my eyes from my feet to Marcus' eyes before snapping out of my trance.

"Im Kidding. Relax." He chuckled as I rolled my eyes once again.

I let out a scoff before he started a conversation.

"You know you can't hate me forever right? Especially because we will probably be seeing eachother a lot now." He raised his eyebrows.

"I know we will see eachother often. I can still hate you if I want." I gave him an evil smirk.

"Why do you even hate me?" He kept his hands on my waist, swaying smoothly.

"Your just stuck up." I told him.

"Yeah. How so?" He teased me.

"You just think your the king of the world. You know, I saw you enter the school with one girl and leave with a different one." I gave him sass.

"Oh, so your stalking me now?" He grinned.

"See, that's exactly what I mean." He had just proved his own point.

He smiled at me as he moved his hands a little lower, as they were now on the waistband of my dress. I felt chills down my spine as I took in his touch. It was probably just because he had muscular hands.

"Don't think Im going to be one of your girl toys." I sharpened my eyes at him.

He leaned over, putting his head next to mine. "Thats a shame. I would have loved that." He whispered in my ear so only I could hear.

"Yeah. Whatever." I gave him attitude as he moved his head back up to the point where he was back to towering over me. We started swaying to the music once again. As he was looking around the room curiously, I watched his face.

"Why do you look so blank all the time?" I questioned him.

He brought his gaze back to me. "What?" He raised one of his eyebrows.

"Blank. Why do you always look so blank?" I swayed smoothly.

"What does that even mean?" He joked.

"I don't know. You just never show emotion." I widened my eyes.

"Emotions are for pussies." He spoke.

"Wow. Real classy." Giving him a sarcastic tone, I moved my hand to fix my hair before placing it back on his shoulder. "Okay, when was the last time you cried?"

"I feel like I'm being interrogated." He placed his hands in the air, playing around, before moving them back to my waist. I felt a shock of chills being sent down my spine because of his touch once again.

"Just answer the question." I scoffed at him.

"Okay. Okay. Um...maybe a couple years ago? I don't know." He moved his eyes to the ceiling, signaling he was thinking.

"A couple years?! Are you a fucking robot?" I gasped, realizing how loud I was. Luckily, the music and chatter was so loud no one heard me except Marcus.

"Woah. Calm down. I'm just not an emotional person. That's how my father trained me to be. It's beneficial honestly. I don't get attached to people." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah. Sounds real nice. Not being able to have emotional attachments to humans." I shook my head in disbelief.

"Well when you put it like that it sounds bad." He titled his head.

"That's because it is bad." I let out a small laugh.

Conversation continued as we talked about ourselves. I didn't say much about my personal life, I mainly just talked about my friendship with Shay. Weirdly enough, I felt like I had bonded with Marcus.

"Olivia?" The way my name rolled off his tongue was like Hennessey. I could hear a soft tone in his voice, one that I had never heard from him before.

"Yeah?" I shook the thoughts out of my head before waiting for him to speak.

"How come you barely ate?" I wasn't expecting this question.

"Oh, I just wasn't hungry." Shyly, I responded.

"You sure? Cause you looked pretty hungry to me." He showed concern in his eyes.

"Awww, does Marcus care about me?" I quickly tried to switch the topic.

"I'm serious, Olivia." He showed dominance in his voice.

I jumped a little, scared from him raising his voice.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." He moved one of his hands from my waist to my arm.

"It's fine." I looked up at him, as silence filled the air while we stared into each other's eyes.

Before I knew it, my mother, Jax, Jesse, and Raymond came over to us.

"Sorry to interrupt, but It's time to get going." My mother broke the silence.

"Yeah. It's probably late already and we have school tomorrow." I snapped out of our awkward trance as Marcus nodded his head in agreement.

We walked out of the restaurant and said our goodbyes as the Valet pulled up our cars. Marcus and I shot eachother awkward smiles before getting into our cars.

The whole ride home, I couldn't do anything but wonder if we had shared a moment. He probably pretended to care with every other girl, just to get in her pants. Ive never seen Marcus like this. It was like I unlocked a new side of him. I tried not to get caught up.