Chapter 25

MARCUS POV
It had been twenty minutes and her mom started to pace back and forth. "Do you think she's okay?" That probably wasn't the right thing to say; but I wasn't sure what was. "Shes not answering my calls." I noticed tears start to fill her eyes as Jax came downstairs. "Wheres Olivia? She promised she would read me a story when she got home." Jax looked at me and then his mom. "Why are you crying?" A tear had fallen down her face when the home phone began to ring. "Come sit next to me, little man." I pulled out the chair next to me as Jax took a seat.

Her mom ran over to the phone, picking it up instantly. "Yes, this is Athena Wilson." She paused. "Is she okay?" I heard a gasp when I looked over at her, to see tears streaming down her face. She slowly hung up the phone, collapsing onto the ground. I ran over to her. "Mrs. Brown! Are you okay?" I turned around to see Jax in fear, he didn't know what was going on. "Shes in the hospital. There was a car crash." Her voice cracked as tears continued to flow out of her eyes.

I felt my throat tighten, trying to fight back tears. I had hope; I knew she would pull through. "We need to go, Mrs Brown." I helped her up as I texted my mom to come and pick us up. Her mom wasn't in driving condition, and neither was I. A couple minutes passed when my mom arrived, running into the house. We all gathered into the car, driving to the hospital.

The ride was silent, as no one was sure what to say. I could tell Jax was fearstrucken and everyone else in the car was just too worried to speak. "Is she going to be okay?" Jax's lip quivered. "I don't know, sweets. I don't know." His mom had turned around from the passenger seat and held his hand.

As we arrived at the hospital, we all ran inside while my mom found a parking spot. "My daughter, Olivia Wilson was in a car crash. I-I-I'm Athena Wilson, her mother. Can I please see her?! Oh god, Is she okay?!" I could see as her mom started to shake. "I need identification, Ma'am." She scrambled to pull out her ID before handing it to the doctor. "Okay, ma'am...." I could tell the doctor was going to speak when she stopped. "Shes in room 157. You can all go in." The doctor let out a sigh before we all ran through the corridors, trying to find the room.

Her mom put her hand on the doorknob, flinging the door open. The surgeon in the room turned around, looking at us with remorse. "I'm- I'm her mother. Can you please tell me what's going o-on?!" She practically begged the surgeon. I looked at the elevated bed to see Olivia, cuts all over her face.

I gasped at the sight, walking over to her. She was pale and cold. I looked over at the surgeon as words left his mouth. "I'm so sorry, ma'am. We did the best we could. She didn't make it. She was hit by a drunk driver...." The voice of the surgeon started to fade as I felt my throat close as tears escaped my eyes. I looked at her lifeless body, teardrops falling onto the bed she was laying on.

"Olivia. Wake up. Fucking wake up!" I started to shake her as her mom came over and held me back.

My mom soon walked into the room, gasping for air. "I came as quick as I could. Is she okay?" She looked around the room, noticing the flatline on Olivia's monitor. "Oh my god....No.... I'm so sorry." Her voice softened as she walked over to me and hugged me. Jax and Athena were already hugging eachother as the surgeon explained everything that had happened. I tuned out the outside world. It wasn't Olivias fault, but she left me.

Oh God, she's dead.

I felt my whole body turn numb as I walked out of Olivia's room. Cops surrounded the next door room, bringing an injured man out in handcuffs. I watched as I overheard chatter, realizing that was the man that hit Olivia.

Anger coursed through my veins. He lived. He got to live and she didn't. That was so fucking unfair. We deserved a happy fucking ending.

I turned around to my mom who was behind me as she wrapped her arms around me.

"I never got to tell her I loved her." I sobbed into my moms shoulder.

"I know, Baby. I know." She patted my head as I felt her tear drops hit my head.

That's when it hit me, I never got to tell her I loved her.