Chapter 24

MARCUS POV
"Why are you just staring at us?" Andrew questioned me. "Brian, come with me." I grabbed his arm. "What, why?" I dragged him out to my car, knowing he didn't drink that night. I pushed him into the drivers seat. "Dude, you have to explain what's going on." He turned to face me in the passenger seat.

"Youre right." I told him. "Right about what?" His eyebrows narrowed to question. "I'm In love with her." I put in my seatbelt as I heard Brian gasp. "Holy shit." He stood still, staring at me. "Let's go! Drive the fucking car to her house!" I put her address in the maps as Brian started the engine.

As we drove, I stayed silent. I noticed him eyeing me, but I ignored it. The ride was about 15 minutes and I told Brian he could take my car back to the party. I got out of the car and ran up to the door, signaling for Brian to get the hell out of here.

Walking up to the house, I composed myself. What was I going to say? What do I tell her? What if she doesn't feel the same? I was having second thoughts. I was debating on turning around when I realized Brian had already left and I had no way to get home. I punched myself in the stomach to try to get myself to man up. I fixed my shirt before walking up to the front door, knocking.

Her mother opened the door. "Hey, what are you doing here Marcus?" She titled her head. "I need to talk to Olivia." I stood patiently at the door. "Shes not home yet. I thought she was with you." Her mother seemed concerned. "She left the party thirty minutes ago...she should be home by now." I felt my chest tighten. "Why don't you come in? You can wait inside for her." Her mother let me in as I sat down at the kitchen table.

SWITCH TO OLIVIA POV
Driving down the road in silence, I couldn't believe my realization. I was in love with Marcus. I had tried so hard to block out my feelings in fear that he didn't feel the same. I couldn't do it anymore. I had to tell him.

I was only 10 minutes from home now due to traffic and I couldn't wait to get home and find and tell Marcus. I didn't want to do it over a phone call.

I deserved to be happy now. It was my turn. The world changed from dull and blank to full of life. I found purpose in living. He made me want to stay and live out my future. To travel the world and see all the beautiful things I had to offer. I found comfort in myself, after struggling so hard with being alone. I learned self love and how to surround myself with people who supported me. All it takes is the right person to come into your life, and for me it was him.

I stopped at the red light, my leg bouncing from excitement. Being in love will always cause you to be vulnerable, but that's okay. Vulnerability is the very source of the bond between two: there's nothing more selfless than knowing you trust them enough to know they won't harm you.

You can't separate love from vulnerability, ever. You can only learn to love yourself more and demand to be respected the same way you respect your partner.

Only minutes away from the house and I couldn't help but smile the whole ride, even though I was alone.

I stepped on the gas, speeding up to reach a little under the speed limit. I kept my eyes on the road ahead of me, not realizing someone swerving in the other lane.

The headlights of a large car glared infront of me, them being on the wrong side of the road. I attempted to swerve out of the way, not making it in time. The car hit mine, head on. I felt a large thud before the whole world turned black.