Chapter 13

I didn't remember much, but Marcus drove me home after that. "Are you sure you want to leave? I can call an uber." I reassured him, saying it was okay for him to stay at the party. "Stop fighting with me about it." He put my arm over his shoulder as I stumbled down  the front steps.

He hadn't drank anything, which was weird because he was always known as a heavy drinker. But he was suitable to drive home. When we arrived at the house, he helped me out of the car and into my bedroom. I had finished the throwing up faze, I just felt sick and dizzy now. "This sucks." I groaned. "Just wait until tommorow morning." He pulled a tshirt and pajamas pants from my drawer, handing it to me before heading downstairs to get me a cup of water.

I changed while he was downstairs. He came back up with the glass of water, sitting at the edge of my bed. I didn't want to ask, but I didn't want to be alone. "Can you stay the night?" I scratched my face in awkwardness. "My mom is out for the night and Jax is at a sleepover. I just don't wanna be alone." He nodded, moving to the floor. "What are you doing?" I laughed. "What are you laughing for? I'm getting ready to sleep." He shot me a small grin. "Get up you idiot." I patted my hand on the side of the bed next to me as he stood up and walked over.

Sure, I had sexual thoughts about him. But I enjoyed his company more. Plus, we would never work. Being together was never in the books; no matter if I wanted it or not.

I slept on my side, facing opposite of him. I had a trash can next to the bed incase I had to throw up again. I could feel the warmth of his body next to me as the mattress sank in a little. I fell asleep shortly, waking up the next morning with a headache. I turned over to see Marcus sitting up at my desk. "You're awake. I have to go back home but I'll text you later." He seemed to be in a rush. I nodded my head, dozing back off to sleep.

I spent the rest of the weekend in my hangover state. I told my mom, and she understood. She was always a chill mother and I felt comfortable to go to her about this. Not so much other things, but drinking and hangovers...yes.

My mother brought me tea and water, hoping to cure my hangover. By the time monday hit, I was feeling much better.

I had spent the weekend in bed, so I decided to get up early before school. Instead of my usual routine, I did more. I brushed my teeth, put on makeup, got dressed into a nice outfit, and felt more productive. I don't know what it was, but I was feeling better. I didn't know if it would last long, but I cherished the happy seconds I had.

Maybe it was because I felt I finally had someone who cared. Someone who checked up on me. Someone who I could be real and comfortable around.

Marcus had offered to drive me again and Shay still wasn't going into school. I constantly texted her, checking up on her. I realized she never did the same for me, but that's just the person I was.

Marcus picked me up early and we went to Starbucks. I had noticed he hadn't been bringing girls to his house anymore, or going home with any of them. He was probably just sick of them for now; but he would go back to them. It's who he is. But that made me feel good that he wasn't with anyone, even though we weren't together. And I definitely had no feelings for him in that way. I think we were best friends now. I still had Shay, and I was grateful. Whatever she was going through, I made sure she knew I was there for her, no matter if she wanted to talk or not.

As we pulled up to the school, I walked in with Marcus, walking to class with him. This became our new normal. I sat with him and his friends at lunch, being the only girl at the table. We discussed the winter formal coming up, as Andrew told us all about the date he was bringing.

SWITCH TO MARCUS POV
I don't know what it was, but I felt like I could be myself around Olivia. I didn't have to put up a emotionless front. I didn't have to be a dick to keep up my reputation. She made me feel like there was more to me than just hooking up with girls. Don't get me wrong, I liked having sex just as much as the next guy. But over the past weeks, I cant bring myself to do it with anyone. I didn't want to have sex with Olivia, but I couldn't have sex with anyone without thinking of her. I wouldn't allow anything to hurt her, or anyone. I made myself a promise.

SWITCH BACK TO OLIVIA POV
As the bell rang, Marcus and I headed to his car as he drove me home. December rolled around before I knew it, and it was dark and gloomy out. Once we got to my house, I invited him inside. Of course, he took me up on my offer. We walked inside the house, my mom greeting us both. "Hey! How was school guys?" My mom was cleaning the kitchen counter. "It was good." Marcus and I sat down at the kitchen island chairs, putting our book bags on the table.

Marcus made himself a snack using crackers in the cabinet. He pushed the plate over to me, signaling for me to take one. I'll admit I was doing better, but I wasn't hungry. I shook my hand, declining his offer. I could tell he was upset, but I shook it off.

We went up to my room as he told me he had homework. I spent our time helping him with his worksheets and watching a movie.

As the night progressed, Marcus told me he should be getting home. "I'll walk you to the door." I stood up from my chair as we walked down the stairs. He walked outside as I followed him to his car. "Shit. I left my keys inside." He scavenged his pockets. "I'll go get them." I turned around and headed back inside. I started to hear little droplets ontop of the house. By the time I got back outside it was down pouring on Marcus. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I couldn't help but laugh at him.

I stood under the porch of the house, careful not to get wet. "I'll throw you your keys!" I giggled, aiming at Marcus. "I'm gonna get you for this!" He ran over to me, drenched in water, his dark hair sagging over his forehead from the rain. I shrieked, running back towards the door when I felt him wrap his arms around my waist. "Let me go!" I started slapping his arms. He laughed as he dragged me out into the rain, taking the keys from my hands. I was now drenched in water, giving him an angry face.

"What was that for?" I fought and he finally released me from his grip. He ignored my question and grabbed my hand, spinning me in a circle. "Go to the winter formal with me." My heart stopped. "What?" I asked him. "Be my date to the winter formal." I stood, only inches from him, rain soaking my clothes. As the rain hit my skin, for the first time I felt alive. I stared at him before a smile beamed across my face, infecting him with one too. "Okay." I ran back to the house porch, as he stood in the rain watching me. He grinned at me as I turned around, waving to him. He sat down in his car and pulled out of the driveway.