Chapter 22

(I'll tell you when to play song.)

That night, Marcus brought me back home and I snuck back in without getting caught.

We were supposed to see eachother tonight for a family dinner. We were going back to the resteraunt we had our first dinner at.

As the night approached, I got ready for the dinner. I wore a silk red dress; at this point everyone knew it was my favorite color.

After spending about an hour getting ready, my mom, Jax, and I all hopped into the car driving to the resteraunt.

I realized how much progress I had made since I'd been here last; almost 10 months ago.

We met Marcus and his family at our table reservation. Coincidentally, sitting in the same seats we sat in the first time. I was across from Marcus. The waiter came over and poured water into our glasses before taking our order. "I'll get the salmon." I closed the menu and handed it to him. He went around and took everyone else's order. The whole table chatted as we waited for our food.

When the food arrived, we all stopped talking in order to devour our food. I finished first because of how hungry I was. My whole plate was cleaned off. Last time I was here it looked at like I had a new dish when I was leaving. I could see Marcus smiling at me in the corner of my eye but I refused to look up. I wiped the corners of my mouth with my napkin as the waiter took my plate away.

Everyone else finished their dinner shortly after when a man sat down at the piano next to the dance floor. (Play the music.) I heard a familiar song play when I shot a look at Marcus, noticing he turned his attention towards me too. "Oh, cmon. We gotta." He stood up from his chair when I realized this was the song we danced to at the first dinner we had. I smiled before letting out a huff and standing up from my chair. Our families both looked at us, smiling in awe. My cheeks turned red as they let out a small laugh and started speaking. "Go have fun. We won't keep you."

We walked out onto the wood dance floor, my heels clanking loudly. I placed my hands on his shoulders as he placed his on my waist. Chills were sent down my spine as I felt his touch on my skin. "Who would've thought?" He smiled, his white teeth glowing. "Not me." I giggled as we swayed to the music.

SWITCH TO THE TABLE POV
They all looked over at Marcus and Olivia dancing. "They are so cute together." Jess spoke, the whole table agreeing. "I'm surprising they haven't started dating yet." Raymond let out a chuckle, the whole table laughing. "They're such sweet kids." Athena shook her head in delight as Jax took another bite of his food.

SWITCH TO MARCUS POV
Dancing with her, I felt all the tenseness in my back disappear. Something about having her so close to my body made me able to relax. I could protect her now, she would be safe. I craved for her affection, but I held myself back. I knew she didn't feel the same way I felt for her and I had to accept it. For now, I just dance with her.

SWITCH TO OLIVIA POV
"You look very nice tonight." He looked down at me. "So do you." I responded to him, still coordinating the dance. "Did you ever get caught last night?" He whispered in my ear. "Do you really think I'd be here if I got caught?" I lowered my head, scoffing. "Youre right. But I did tell you that wouldn't get caught right?" He grinned, being cocky. "Right." I groaned at him. "I'm always right." I rolled my eyes at his remark.

"Luka is having another party tomorrow. You wanna come with?" He raised his eyebrow at me. "I'd love to." I shook my head in agreement.

(Thank you for 1k reads! I appreciate you all so much!🤍🖤)