Chapter 21

(I'll tell you when to play song.)

I kept my eyes closed as I could tell he took something out of the trunk. "Don't open yet." I felt one of his hands grab mine as he guided me somewhere.

"Okay. Now." I opened my eyelids to notice we were at an cliff overlook, standing next to a bench. I looked straight ahead and gasped.

My eyes beamed as I stared at the view. Below us was a view of the city. You could see the lights from miles away. Cars were honking, each individually having somewhere to go. "Oh my god." I looked over at Marcus to see him sitting on the bench, a guitar case on his lap.

"Whats in there?" I asked him. "A guitar." He opened to case to reveal a bright red guitar, laughing at the shocked look on my face. "You know how to play guitar?" My mouth fell open in a O shape. "Yeah. Ive always known. I took lesson since I was five I was just too embarrassed to tell anyone." He placed his hand on the bench, signaling for me to sit next to him.

I looked at him as his eyes was on his guitar strings; he looked so focused. (Play the song). 

His veiny fingers started to move along the strings, music being produced. The music seemed familiar, but I couldn't grasp what it was. He continued strumming the guitar, looking up at me.

"Oh my god. No way you know how to play this song." He smiled at the amazement on my face as I realized what song he was playing. He gave me a small chuckle before increasing the bass on his guitar. I rested my head on his shoulder as I noticed his guitar chip was red also; everything was red. He told me he hated the color red.

He slightly leaned his head ontop of mine, careful not to apply too much pressure. I put my hand on his head and I ran my fingers through his hair. A smile crept across his face.

I was fighting the urge to grab his face and kiss him. I didn't want to ruin the moment, in fear that he wouldn't feel the same. I contained myself as I stared at the city lights.

I picked my head up from his shoulder, sitting down on the grass. I signaled for him to come sit next to me as I laid my head down, looking at the stars. He grinned before sitting down next to me. "That's us." I pointed at a star that was conjoined with another. He looked up at the sky. "Yeah. That's us." He reassured me.

Crickets chirped in the background as grass tangled in my hair. I watched as the sky filled with stars and a plane passed overhead. I wonder where their going.

SWITCH TO MARCUS POV
I couldn't help but stare at Olivia. She was too focused on nature to notice me. The way her eyes lit up as she stared at the sky. She smiled without even realizing it. I could tell she was doing better. I don't think I could be without her. She changed me for the better; and I finally realized it.

I continued to strum the guitar with the pick as I stared into the city infront of us. Ive never brought anyone here. I used it as an escape when I needed one. But when I escaped; I wanted her to be with me.

SWITCH TO OLIVIA POV
We sat as I wrapped my arms in his jacket he gave me, providing warmth for myself. I felt the wind hit my face as my hair kept blocking my vision. Chills were sent down my spine after a strong breeze. I didn't bother to check the time; I didn't want this to be over. Marcus didn't seem to care he was cold, he was too focused on the guitar.

"Dance with me." I stood up, reaching my hand out as he stood up and placed his hand in mine. He used the free hand to spin me in a circle. I felt alive. I danced with him as the city lights beamed behind us. Giggling the whole time, he wouldn't stop smiling. Was this my moment? The moment I realized life was worth living.