Chapter 7

About 2 weeks had passed. Everything continued as usual. The day after my awkward project encounter with Marcus, the teacher made a new seating chart by last name. I no longer sat next to Marcus, and I wish I did.

I hadn't seen him out of school since the night of the dinner and dance. He hadn't spoken to me, teased me, or even given me a smirk or smile since then.

It bothered me more than it should've.

The school day was just like every other, and went by quicker than usual. Dropping Shay off at her house, I waved goodbye before rerouting back to my house.

I spent my days in my room, hanging out with Shay every so often. I could feel myself getting worse, falling back into a big hole I tried so hard to get myself out of. I always struggled with my mental illnesses, as I never told anyone and kept it all bottled inside. I've been loosing motivation to work, and on weekends I find myself having trouble trying to get out of bed. I started to find comfort in being sad, guarding myself from the outside world.

Making my way downstairs for dinner, I sat down at the table. My mom placed a plate full of food infront of me before asking me if I was okay. I rubbed my eyes before reassuring her, knowing I was lying.

"I wanted to let you know now to clear your weekend plans. We're staying overnight in the city for business and I want you guys to come with me." Jax and I nodded at my moms comment.

"I didn't think it would be that easy." She giggled, surprised at our agreement. "We are rooming with the Browns. Well not exactly, but we have rooms next to each other." She explained to us the plans. My mom and Raymond were going to see multiple business men and women over the course of the weekend. The thought of Marcus still affected me, but I chose to brush it off, as he clearly didn't care about me.

Today was Thursday, and my mom told me we were set to leave Friday after school. We live not too far from the city, only about an hour or two, so that meant we were driving.

Before thanking my mom for dinner, I went upstairs and started to get ready for bed. I pulled out a journal that I wrote in every so often. It was my only way to keep too many things from being bottled up. No one knew about this journal, and it would stay that way.

Waking up the next morning, I got ready for school before saying goodbye to my mom and picking up Shay. The hallways were crowded as I was on the way to first class.

I noticed Marcus right outside the room, arguing with a girl. Eavesdropping wasn't my thing, but I couldn't help it.

"Get off of me." Marcus pushed the girls hand off his arm.

"I gave myself to you! You should've told me you had no intention of being with me before sleeping with me!" The girls eyes turned glossy as tears built up.

"Why would you assume I wanted to be with you?" He scoffed as she slapped him in the face.

"Fuck you!" She stormed off as he rolled his eyes before entering class.

That helped me somewhat get over thinking of him. He treated girls so shitty, I hope I never get treated like that.

Stepping into class, I sat down at my seat, Marcus not turning his head. Working on my computer, I noticed in the corner that Marcus glanced at me. Only once. The rest of the class, he kept his head straight as he slouched in his chair.

The bell rang after 50 minutes of continuous work. The days felt repetitive; English, History, Bio....and so on. After last bell, I dropped Shay off as usual before heading home.

I arrived home to see three large suitcases.

"Olivia! You're home!" My mom shrieked at me, moving through the messy living room.

"Yeah. What time are we leaving?" I questioned her.

"In about an hour, go ahead and get your toothbrush and just whatever you want to bring for the weekend." I nodded before putting my book bag on the kitchen island and walking upstairs.

Entering my room, I grabbed small things like deodorant, dry shampoo, perfume, etc. Stepping back downstairs, I placed them in the suitcase that held my clothes.

An hour had passed that consisted of finishing packing. Jax came out of his room after finishing his video game. He packed last night, so he didn't have anything left to do.

Piling our bags into the trunk, my mother signaled for us to hop into the car as she locked the front door and turned on the alarm. I got into the back seat with Jax, putting in my airpods and looking out the window as my mom pulled out of the driveway.

Thank you for 250 views! The support means so much.🤍🤍🤍