06

Atreus' POV

Straightening the sleeves of my long sleeve white turtleneck I walk with my family into the stadium.

My white Alexander McQueens silent on the tiled floors. Checking my watch I made sure we were on time before putting my hands into the pockets of my black denim jeans.

We're escorted through the building to the VIP room that looked over a section of the track.

There were seats with tables placed strategically throughout the large room. A bar situated on the far right wall, bar stools present. A large flat screen TV was in corner of the left wall, right next to the floor to ceiling glass windows.

The TV broadcasted the winnings from last race and all the teams that were participating this race. This was a qualifying race for the quarter finals so the persons with the best times won and got to move on to the next race.

The announcer called all the names of the persons that showed on the screen, in a pre recorded slide show. Then it switched to the track, explaining everything you needed to know.

The camera panned on the drivers as they got ready with their teams. He spoke about there performance last race and his predictions.

"Then we have the most talked about woman to date, Dariya Verlice!" He said enthusiastically as the camera panned on her. She wasn't in sight yet but you saw her team rolling her car out the pit stall.

A few seconds later she walked into the camera frame talking to someone. Her zipped suit fitting perfectly, all black with some blue the same design of her car. The Mercedes logo on the left side of her chest, sponsored company logos displayed on the front and back.

Her upturned helmet was under her arm as she walked to her car while fixing her earphones for communication.

She wrapped her hair up loosely before grabbing her black balaclava from inside the helmet, pulling it on.

Handing her helmet to the man she climbed in the car slowly. She grabbed her gloves from his outstretched hand pulling them on before taking her helmet and securing it on her head.

Her voice is heard from the TV as she tested her mic, speaking in English.

The camera switched to the track as the cars pulled into their required space. They line up in the order that they won last race. Verlice was second while Benjamin Usoro was first.

He was probably her biggest component in Formula 1. They've been fluctuating with first and second place since the season started.

They all got into two straight lines behind the staring line, waiting for the flag for them to go. The announcer counted down loudly as the waves the black and white flag.

As it waves down indicating to go they were off. The cars all move in the same order speeding up moving out of their order to get infront.

They pulled in and out off eachother trying to get clear space for them to get to the front. That was until the turn because they all slowed down to go around the sharp corner, before they took off again.

Usoro stayed at her side the entire time. When one pulled ahead, the other followed.

She took off skillfully leading through the cars trying to get at the front. She pulled all the way to the right next to the barriers, maneuvering her way through the cars that were all in her way.

Silvia, another big opponent stayed infront of her, as she tried to over take him. Going left when she went left and right when she went right. As they passed the line a half white half black flag was displayed, with Silvia's number under it.