1

Ben went to a karaoke bar called Sing along downtown with a couple of his friends from work. They were laughing and dancing and ordering so many drinks.

Ben watched as his friend John got up there to sing and he laughed sipping his drink as he talked with his other friends.

Normally this wouldn't have been his scene, but he hadn't gone out in a long time because of his work schedule so he agreed. When John sat down, he heard the announcer talking " next up is Mandy, singing if I was your woman." The announcer said. Ben clapped along with everyone else cheering the next person on. Ben watched as the women got up from the bar. He listened as her heels clacked against the floor. She walked to the front to grab the mic and Ben's eyebrows arched. When she turned around and Ben saw her face, he was instantly intrigued. He scanned her body up and down. She was short with a banging body. Ben looked at her smooth legs and her thick thighs that was covered in a tight white dress. He was fascinated and he honestly wanted her.

He never saw a woman that made his body react as it just did. His listen as she sung and although she was literally singing music. It was music to his ears. "Ben? Are you listening to me."? John asked "huh. " Ben said clearing his thoughts and trying to focus on John. " Your smitten by her." John said laughing.

"She is a goddess; I think I just met my wife." Ben said while staring at her. " She could be taken or married." John said shrugging his shoulders. Ben clicked his teeth. She probably was married. Someone as beautiful as she is should or would be married.

Ben watched as she sung, he could tell that she didn't sing often but he was pleased as to how beautiful she sounded. He knew that she was one of the women that could sing but rarely did and her friends made her go up there. He knew that she had a good taste in music because she chose a Gladys knight song. When the song was over everyone clapped and Ben watched as she blushed and stepped down, walking back to her seat. Her friends gave her a high five and she smiled at them. Ben flagged down a waitress.

" sir." The waitress said as she walked over to him.

"Could you order that beautiful women with the white dress on a Cosmo and her friends. Also put their tab with mine. It's on me." Ben said smiling.

"Okay no problem."

The waitress walked away, and Ben watched as she talked to the bartender. The bartender made their drinks but sat the first one down in front of Mandy. He watched as she looked confused and shocked. He could tell the bartender was telling her who bought the drink and about her tab.

Miranda turned around and her eyes connected with Ben's. Ben felt his heart rate increase as he looked into her eyes. Ben smiled and nodded at her and she lifted her drink and tilted it towards him smiling. Her friends were giggling and kept nudging her arm. By her friends gestures he figured she really was single.

Ben turned his attention to his friends and they talked and laughed some more. He would occasionally shift his eyes towards her direction. "Aye Ben I think you are being summoned." John said and pointed in the girl's direction. Ben looked over and saw her turn in her chair facing his and she used her pointer finger motioning him to come.

Ben got up and walked over to the bar and he sat in the chair right beside her, turning so he was facing her. "I just wanted to say thanks for the drinks and the tab. You didn't have to do that." Miranda said smiling. " Oh, it was nothing. I couldn't resist seeing a woman as beautiful as you are." Ben said smiling. Miranda's eyes got big. Her hearing a man just outright say she was beautiful rarely happened. " Oh, please I bet you do this all the time...is this how you pick up women." Miranda said chuckling and stirring her straw in her drink. " Honestly I don't pick up women in bars. I don't "pick up" women. I sweep them off their feet. And you. I couldn't help myself. I see that you're different and I want to get to know you. Can I take you out for lunch or dinner."? Ben said looking into her big brown eyes.