6

Ben watched in awe of the strength Miranda had. He looked down and saw her grinding her teeth in pain and the tears that slid down her face.

" Okay you are doing real good Dr. Bailey. Breathe in and on your exhale I want you to push again."

"Okay 1…2…3 push."

Miranda pushed hard again and she slid down some in Ben's arms. Ben held her tight and keep her up. " You are doing great honey. This is the most amazing thing you have ever done, beside watching you perform surgery. You are extraordinary." Ben said as he coached her along.

"Okay your baby head is out. One more push and you are home free. Are you ready."

" Push."

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh uggggh." Miranda yelled as she pushed. Dr. Ryan used her hands and guided the baby girl out. Miranda fell back into Ben's chest and she closed her eyes.

Ben helped Miranda to the bed and he laid her in it. Her hair was damp and sticking to her face. She had sweat all over body and tears in her eyes. Ben leaned down and kissed her.

" you did great." Ben said pecking her lips.

Dr. Ryan then laid the baby on Miranda's chest. Miranda looked down at their baby and she was in awe of this little human. She really was so small but Long. "Oh my gosh she is beautiful." Miranda said as she rubbed her cheek with her pointer finger.

Dr. Ryan took the baby and fished cleaning the baby off and weighing her.

" Congratulations your baby is 4 pounds and 5oz she is 16.2 inches long." Dr. Ryan informed as she wrapped her up and put her on a hat. " Would you like to hold her Dr. Warren before I take her to the NICU? " Dr. Ryan asked.

" Babe why don't you walk with her there. I'm just going to lay here." Miranda said drowsy as she closed her eyes.

After and hour the nurse came back with their baby inside the incubator. "This incubator will stabilize her temperature. She has a small tube in her nose for oxygen and chest electrodes to monitor her heart rate and a pulse monitor on her foot. She will be monitored closely for the next couple of days and if she is able to do the milestone for premes for 48 hours on her own she will be ready to go home by the end of the week."

Miranda and Ben both shook there heads, nodding at the nurse. Looking at their baby like this was a little over whelming. "First, we wanted to see if she could feed orally from you. Do you want to give it a try?" The nurse asked Miranda.

" Yes." Miranda said sitting up some.

The nurse open the incubator and lifted their baby up, bringing her over to her. Miranda undid her gown and allowed the nurse to lay her baby on her chest. Miranda covered her with her gown and she brought her breast to her mouth. It took a minute but she latched onto her and began eating. " Aww she is doing it." Miranda cried.

Ben was sitting in the chair and he was in awe. " Come get in the bed with me Ben." Miranda said carefully sliding over for him.

Ben got into the bed and Miranda slid close to him. Laying into his body. Ben looked at his daughter feeding from the love of his life. Ben knew that this was it for him. This was the happiest thing he has ever experienced. Looking at this baby knowing that it's half of him and half of his other half. He was content.

"Symphony." Ben and Miranda said at the exact same time. Miranda looked up at Ben and then she cried. "Symphony Danielle Warren. She is so perfect." Miranda said as she moved her knitted cap to see her hair. "No wonder I had heartburn. She has a head full of hair." Miranda said and Ben agreed. He tried to keep his tears at bay but he was just overjoyed.