15

"Are you ready Miranda?" Ben asked as he fixed his tie in the mirror.

"Yes honey." Miranda said coming around the corner.

It was Saturday and Miranda was trying to hold back her tears. Her first born was graduating Med School. Never in a million years would she have saw herself being 60 years old and having a 26 year old who is graduating from Med school. She was overjoyed and proud to say the least.

The door bell rung and Miranda smiled walking to answer it. She knew it was her kids. Ben wanted all of them to ride together like old times. "Mommy" she heard from the door.

"Hey babies." Miranda said with her million dollar smile.

She backed up to let them in.

Chanson was the first one to give her a hug. He was her baby, her 18 year old and just finished his first year of college and is about to turn 19. He went away for college and Miranda thought she was going to loose her mind. She now understood how her mother felt when she left because she was a mess. Ben had to make her leave when they dropped him off.

Dorian hugged her next, he was her oldest boy and he was 23 graduating college next week. Miranda and Ben has to have 2 graduation parties.

Lastly was Cadence. She was 20 and was everything like her mom. She was short and bossy. She also was in college majoring in Pre-med.

"Group hug." Miranda said ushering them all in. She missed them so much.

"I want some love too." Ben said.

"Daddy!" Cadence shrieked

Miranda thought that Symphony was going to be daddies little girl when she was born but Cadence brought that to a whole nother level. Ben was broken when she wanted to move into the college dorm and live on campus. They talked to each other on the phone constantly and went out for lunch once a month. She watched as they hugged like that haven't seen each other in years.

After their hug, he hugged everyone else.

They all were dressed nicely. They got into the car. Miranda looked back at them through the mirror. She wanted to laughed because they were all so close together.

When they arrived. They checked in to the University of Washington school of Medicine. They all went to go sit down in the auditorium. They walked close to the front as possible.

They sat through the 500 names that were being called. She watched as Symphony name was called and they placed the stethoscope around her neck. Miranda couldn't help but let the tears fall and clap as she walked off.

When it was over and everyone migrated outside to see their graduates. Miranda was the first one to run and hug her when she came out. "I am so proud of you honey. You are amazing." Miranda said smiling.

"That really means the world coming from you momma and Chief." She said winking and then placing her a kiss on her cheek.

Everyone hugged and congratulated her. Ben handed her a big bouquet of long stem roses. It was there thing. She has had over 500 from Ben in her life time. Ben brought her one for every single occasion recital, graduation, chorus concert and anything else.

"What's that." Miranda asked looking at the Big diamond that was on her left hand.

"Oh I almost forgot. Johnathan proposed this morning. I was going to tell you but then I was trying to prepare for graduation."

"You are getting married." Miranda gasped and Ben smiled. Johnathan was really a nice guy and he graduated with her today.

"Don't you think it might be premature."