Level 8

Once it got too deep to walk on feet, and the current started picking up, soobin stopped, making yeonjun look back and stop swimming.

"Whats wrong?" Yeonjun stood, wiping his hair back and water out of his face.

I really dont want to tell him i cant swim-

"Nothing- just- taking a breather..." soobin gave a fake smile before shooing yeonjun to keep going.

Yeonjun shrugged and continued to swim forward.

Soobin stepped forward, walking as far as he could without his head going underwater, and just when the water touched his chin, there was a drop off.

The splash and gurgling caught yeonjuns attention. He turned around to see no soobin, and only a ripple of bubbles where he had been.

"Soobin?- SOOBIN??!"

-

"Really? You know its bad to nap in game..." beomgyu was a little worried for hueningkai, who was sleeping on taehyuns back as they drifted through the water.

"Thats a myth, it doesnt damage anything unless you sleep through a power outage, it fucks with your nerves." Taehyun gestured to where the vr set would attatch to your temple, making hueningkai flinch a little.

"Stop talking, if he wakes up ill kill you." Taehyun threatened. Beomgyu furrowed his brows. "Why so mean?over A little nap?"

"I never see him sleep or log off, if hes tired let him sleep." Taehyun whispered, having no problem with it since hueningkai was practically weightless in water.

"Come to think of it, ive never seen him log in or off...hes probably a night owl." Beomgyu smiled and gently ruffled a piece of hueningkais hair.

-

Yeonjun pulled soobin to the surface, swimming over to the river bank quickly.

He pulled soobin up on the edge, letting him cough up all the water.

"IF YOU COULDNT SWIM YOU SHOULDVE TOLD ME!" yeonjun was upset soobin didnt say anything and nearly drowned.

"I thought the game would automatically allow me to swim...." soobin said feeling bad for making yeonjun angry, he could hear his sighs over his mic.

"You are wearing a full suit so the game can use your actual proportions, face, voice, and allow you to feel everything in game. Yes you have weapons and magic, but you can only move the way your body does in real life.....just- let me know next time...." yeonjun realized he was making soobin ancious with his scolding, so he turned soft instead.

"Im sorry....what now?" Soobin looked at the river, knowing he couldnt swim the rest of the way.

"We'll have to walk along it, but its going to smell us, so stay close." Yeonjun held soobins hand, kwwping him close to his side as he walked.

-

A loud roar came from the mole beast, making beomgyu and taehyun freeze. Hueningkai quickly woke up from his nap on taehyuns back and rubbed his eyes.

"Did it find us?" He asked, groggy and  pouting from sleepiness.

"No, but i think it found oue other members, its close so were close to them, we should help!" Taehyun teleported to the side of the river, offering his hands to help the two out.

Beomgyu summoned a pair of wings, flying out of the water by himself, revealing more of his nature based magic to taehyun.

"Wait! We should have a plan!" Hueningkai said when taehyun helped him up, holding him to make sure he didnt take off.

"I do. Does your mind magic work in hallucinations?" Taehyun asked, seeming like it was an important factor.

"I think so, but only one at a time...." hueningkai seemed hesitant to use it again, but if taehyun asked him to, he would.

"Then as soon as we get there, go to soobin, he can enhance any ability through touch, dont let go of him and make a mirage of us as bait. Then, beomgyu can trap the beast in place with vines, and yeonjun and i will slay it. Got it?" Taehyun gave a quick rundown before the two nodded and took off to helo their team mates.

-
"Hold onto me." Soobin offered his arm, both running from the monster. Yeonjun was confused at how that would help them right now, but took his hand again anyway.

"You can summon weapons,right?!" Soobin began to run out of breath.

"Yeah??!! What do you want me to summon?!a sword wont help right now!" Yeonjun noticed the beast notably gaining on them.

"A giant hammer! Now!" Soobin yelled at a scratch on his back from the beast grazing him.

Yeonjun listened and threw his hand up in the air, using his summoning magic, but then a tickling feeling ran through soobins hand, through his arm, and all the way to his summoning hand.

Blue veins covered their skin and soobin hissed, but it made the hammer 12 times as large, larger than the beast, and when it fell it smashed the beast with a giant thud on the ground, throwing the paladin and archer forward.

ArcherBin and Sweet and Fluffy Cotton Candy have slain the beast! +4000 coin!

ArcherBin and Sweet and Fluffy Cotton Candy have received a trophy bond ability! 'Ive got your back!' +3 levels.

"WHAT!?" Taehyun stopped in his tracks, seeing the two on the ground ahead and getting the notification.

Low level teams can do that too?

Taehyun turned around to hueningkai and beomgyu. "Do you guys know what partnership points are?"

Beomgyu nodded. "Yes, but i cant, im maxed out from my old team." Beomgyu quickly abandoned his offer.

"Thats right, you already have a high level, so if soobin and yeonjun become partners and hueningkai and i become partners, together we'll all be the same high level!" Taehyun got excited.

"Huh?" Hueningkai was completely lost in what they were talking about.

"You saw what soobin and yeonjun did right now right? Its called partnership points, if you combine traits for something with another player in your team, it levels you two up. We just need soobin to cast a circle of his magic." Taehyun got excited and ran to soobin.

Hueningkai smiled seeing taehyun so happy, and took off after him.