Level 19

"Is this alright?" Yeonjun asked after beomgyu went to check on the two in the field.

He glanced down at his hand resting on soobins thigh, comfortable with how calm soobin looked with it.

"I guess...." soobin said quietly, staring at yeonjuns hand. "Hold my hand, its better than my thigh..." soobin looked away while asking.

Yeonjun was surprised, staring at soobins face turned away from him. This was permission, a hint if you will. Did yeonjun break the ice?

Yeonjun was nervous, palms a bit swetay thinking about it. This was his first time liking a guy, let alone doing anything romantic with them. They didnt even confess yet! What were they?

Yeonjun was going to keep to himself, pacing it, but the unfriendly reminder on his screen reminded him of the games rules.

You cannot go against your pledge to ArcherBin!

Yeonjun felt his arm move unwillingly to hold soobins hand, but he wasnt complaining, seeing soobins small smile creep up on his face was reassuring.

He couldnt help but let a grin break on his face too.

-

"Spirit? Hey...whats wrong?" Hueningkais expression twisted into worry at the tears welling in taehyuns eyes. He looked so sad, so guilty.

"Yah....its not funny....his dad has nothing to do with him, stop it." Taehyun immediately noticed his group tormenting a boy in a green hoodie. Not just any boy, they ahd convinced the son of the developer of the top vr game to meet up with them.

"Oh cmon moon- i mean Taehyun....were not in game right now, this little guy said he could give us cheats to dear ol daddys game!" Taehyuns friend pushed the green hoodie boys shoulder, rushing him.

The boy put his headset on, covering his face before taehyun could even see him. He logged on while the boys began taunting him while he was gaming.

"Lets go for a walk too, daddy must be rich too." The boys whispered so the boy wouldnt hear.

Taehyun watched them start walking  leading the boy by his arms out of the alley and up the sidewalk.

"Yah! Stop...this isnt the right way to get to the major leagues..." taehyun ran up, catching up and playing tug a war with the boys arms and his friend.

Like two dogs fighting over a toy, it got violent.

Taehyjn shoved his friend to try to seperate the two, but he was pulled along with him into the street, where they began to have a fist fight.

Taehyun saw the boy confused over why he fell, headset still distorting his senses. He was in game, he had no idea they ahd dragged him into the street.

"MOVE! NO!" Taehyun abandoned the fight, trying to get to the boy when he stood. The boy reached for his headset to take it off but the car had already hit him.

Taehyuns heart stopped. He just caused a boys death....his friends had fueled it, but if he hadnt fought, the boy wouldve at least survived....

Taehyun had everything hit him and the pain rushed in. At this point there was a car pileup near them, and traffic had stopped, his friend had been injured behind hin shortly after the boy did, but he couldnt care less.

He held the boy in his arms, trying to wipe the blood from his body, around his neck especially.

"No...no please- im sorry, im so sorry. Wake up!! SOMEONE CALL 911!!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP KE WHAT DO I DO??!!"

"SPIRIT!!" Beomgyu had finally snapped taehyun out of it, and he found himself holding onto hueningkai in a deep hug, embarrassing himself by sobbing on hueningkais shoulder.

Hueningkai was surprised and confused, but hugged taehyun back, comforting him through it.

Taehyun jumped back, scooting away from hueningkai, who only gave understanding looks, no judgement.

Taehyun ran away, logging off suddenly.

"HYUNG WAIT!-"

-

Soobin sighed, slowly scrubbing the same plate hed been scrubbing for 15 minutes at the cafe. It was closing time now so he only had to clean up now to go home. What happened earlier in game had everyone riled up. He didnt want to go in game, he didnt want to go home,  and he didnt want to work.

"That must be one dirty plate, need help?" A familiar voice broke his concentration on the plate.

A handsome guy with a bike helmet set beside him at the counter.

He smiled up to soobin, flicking his forehead gently. "Hey, you there?"

"Hey jun....sorry i was just- how did you get in?" Soobin raised an eyebrow at the door to the cafe.

"You forgot to lock it, i waited outside to drive you home but i watched you wash that plate for 15 minutes now...so i came in." He smiled up at him, eyes wandering over soobins shy happy expression as he set the plate down.

"I might think you were obssessed with me if you keep following me in game, in real life. I could get the wrong idea..." soobin set the sponge down, drying his hands.

"What if i want you to get that idea?" Yeonjun bit his lip, a teasing expression on, but serious eyes meeting soobins. The tension was awkward, but warm.

"I didnt want to go home yet....i had one more customer giving me ideas.." soobin couldnt maintain eye contact, embarrassed at his awful flirting skills.

"Then can i take you home with me?" Yeonjun was getting cocky with soobins positive responses, leaning forward more and more over the counter.

"Is that alright?" Soobin whispered unknowingly, instinctively being quieter when yeonjuns face was an inch away from his when he looked up.

Yeonjun wasnt paying attention to the coversation anymore, eyeing a deeper conversation with soobins lips.

Soobin was trying to process another question to change the topic but yeonjun pulled him forward by his nape for a kiss.

Soobin whimpered into the kiss, tensing his shoulders and melting into it.

Yeonjun was now fully on the counter, killing the distance between them.