77. disciples

Retribution for Hatch's death came fast, and it came hard. 

We had barely been out of the reactor for ten minutes when Hatch's wife, Nikki, had approached us. When Raven told her the truth of what had happened, Nikki lost it, attacking Raven as she cried out that we were all traitors. 

Raven hadn't been the same since. 

Even as night had fallen, she had barely said so much as a word to any of us. After a quick trip to medical, she was right back in the reactor, staring at the place where Hatch and the others had died. 

I tried to talk to her, to let her know it wasn't her fault, but my words fell on deaf ears. Raven kicked me out of the reactor room minutes after I had entered. 

As I made my way back into the shop following Raven's eviction, I was met with another scene that caused me to pause in confusion. 

Miller and Jackson were carrying in a body, Niylah, Clarke and Gaia following behind them. But the person didn't look like one of our own, nor one of the people of Sanctum. Whoever it was was covered head to toe. A black suit on their body, while a gold, seemingly high-tech helmet covered their face.

"What's going on?" I demanded, rushing over to them as Miller and Jackson carefully laid the body down on a table. 

The person beneath the mask was either unconscious or dead, I wasn't entirely sure which. 

"Some foragers found it out by Gabriel's shack...there was no one else out there." Miller answered, letting out a laboured breath. 

Looking down at the body, I gently ran my finger over a series of holes that littered the suit...bullet holes. 

"Bellamy." I whispered, panic beginning to build in my chest at the prospect that he, Octavia and Echo were in trouble. 

"Had to be." Clarke agreed. "He was the only one with a gun."

The room felt like it was slowly closing in on me. I should have never let him go out there without me. I was a fool to stay here and I knew that now. 

"Maybe not." Gaia reasoned, and I wasn't sure if that made me feel better or worse. "The foragers who found the body said they saw no sign of our people."

Everyone shared uncertain looks, meanwhile I steadied myself on the table in attempts to talk myself off the ledge I was currently standing on. 

"Well, let's see who's in there." Jackson suggested, reaching forward to pull at the helmet. 

When the helmet didn't budge, Gaia returned with a hammer in hand, ready to smash away the mask. 

"Woah. No." Clarke intercepted. "We need it intact. Raven'll figure it out. Where is she?"

My eyes flickered toward the reactor room as I cleared my throat. "Reactor." I answered quietly. "She's taking it pretty hard."

Clarke gave me an understanding look as she nodded. "I'll get her."

Just as Clarke turned to leave, the door to the shop opened, revealing Jordan and one of the Sanctumites. 

"Another one?" The Sanctum man wondered, causing all of our faces to morph in surprise...there was more?

Miller turned away from the body. "Oh. Golden face has friends?"

"How many were there?" Clarke demanded, a hint of suspicion in her tone. 

The man looked to Jordan, clearly uneasy with the situation. I guess we weren't the easy people to put your trust in at the moment. 

"It's okay." Jordan assured. "He came to the tavern looking for you." He looked back to the man. "Tell them how many you saw."