Spending Time (Part 24)

Akutagawa

Morning dew resonated on the windowsill after the shower, which occurred that night, leaving the plastic edge covered in droplets of rain.

His eyes shot wide open as it sharply turned 8 am. In the Port Mafia, he was trained harshly on a strict schedule. Waking up was not one of his problems. He leans upwards and coughs lightly.

The mafioso stands up and opens the curtain near his bed. It was a dull morning with the sky gray and cloudy. He sighs before going to swallow down a few pills to start his daily routine.

"Akutagawa! Are you awake!?"

The black-haired male peaks his head out of the bathroom. He lets out a very muffled yes.

"Good because you and Dazai are going to the gym."

Akutagawa chokes slightly before spitting out the toothpaste. He dropped his toothbrush as well, but Rashomon caught it for him.

"What?"

I get to see Dazai-san but at the gym?

Chuuya scoffs, "Ungrateful brat, I said, you and Dazai are going to the gym. Someone like you should not be all skin and bones. I thought you would have gained a bit in the Mafia, but that does not seem to be the case."

"Do you not trust my strength and my ability?" He sat down at the dining table, pouring some tea for himself.

The older one places down some dishes and gesturing Akutagawa for him to pour for him as well. "Urgh, go Ryunosuke. The more strength you have, the better. I am telling you this for your own good. Those lungs need to get stronger or you are going to drop dead on the floor. Now eat up. You will be going in 20 minutes." Chuuya glares at the younger, eyes burning with a blue inferno.

"Very well... Mom."

Chuuya cocks a side-eye, "You are not going to win with that mom card. Plus you're using my gym membership so no more excuses."

"Damn it." and they ate their breakfast in silence. The black hair male gazed out the window, pondering on what was to come. Why would Chuuya-san tell me to do this? I wonder how strong Dazai-san has gotten over the years?
-
-
-
-
-

Atsushi

As Atsushi struggles to make a rolled omelet, Dazai jumps at the sound of notifications coming from his phone. The tiger boy breaks the rolled omelet for the third time.

"Um, Dazai-san? Can you please, get your phone? It is ringing a lot. Dazai?" Frustrated, he accidentally scrambled the eggs a bit, ruining them more.

As he peered over his shoulder, he saw Dazai aggressively typing away on his phone. Each tap on the phone screen was more annoying than the notifications earlier.

"Uh, what is going on there?" he flicks off the shove, deciding to settle with the failed egg rolls. A few plates were pulled out the cabinet, swiftly as if he was timed almost.

Dazai chuckled happily, "Chuuya is sending very aggressive texts, telling me to go to the gym with Akutagawa. They are so angry and cute, just like him."

"Haha, I can hear him breaking through the walls to punch you," Atsushi said sarcastically. That has already happened once, but only through the doors instead of the walls.

I hope the other people in the apartment building thought that was an earthquake at the time.

"Oh yeah. Atsushi, you are now going to hang out with Chuuya as a trade-off with the children."