Days in the Agency Part 7 (EDITED)

Atsushi

It was the start of the first day in the Agency, and everyone went to a nearby cafe. Junichiro was apologizing for being a villain and mean towards Atsushi.

"No no, it's alright." He's not a bad person at least. Junichiro then introduced Atsushi to Naomi. She was a sweet girl around the age of 14. They were close siblings, which Atsushi couldn't understand because they look nothing alike to each other. A super attached sister is what Atsushi can amuse from Naomi from her actions. (They aren't in the weird relationship from canon for the sake of kicking incest out the door)

"Don't mind them, they're always like this," Kunikida said, coming towards near where Atsushi was sitting.

"Um, ok." Do siblings actually do stuff to this level? I can understand that they're close, but this is the point of clinginess. 

"In any event, brat, today you have joined the ranks of the Armed Detective Agency. Never be a burden to anyone, nor shame the name of the Agency! The rest of us are sworn to that, at least. Right, Dazai?" Kunikida spins around. Dazai was caressing the hand of one of the female waiters.

"Would you strangle me with these angelic hands, fragile, delicate fingers?" Dazai flirted, which was quite terrible for what he's asking. Kunikida stomped over and slapped Dazai really hard on the head.

"Are you shaming the Agency's name already?!" Kunikida goes on, poor Atsushi simply watches the situation. 

Atsushi sighs, I wonder why Dazai-san is still alive? "By the way, what did you two do before joining the Agency?" Kunikida and Dazai both turn their heads to look at Atsushi. Kunikida was holding Dazai in a tight choke as Dazai was just being himself. "Um, no real meaning behind the question, I was just wondering"

"Take a guess," Dazai answers, sitting back down on a stool.

"Ehh?"

"Oh, it's a game we often play. The rookies try to guess his senior's formal occupations. Well, it's part of their training as detectives." Dazai explains. Atsushi goes into deep thought.

"Tanizaki-san and Naomi-san... were students?"

"Are students, but otherwise you're correct." Naomi answers.

"How did you know?" Tanizaki asks.

"I've heard that Naomi-san was a part-time worker, and I thought you guys would be students since Naomi-san is wearing a uniform. Tanizaki-san seems to be around the age of someone in high school, so... it's just a hunch." Atsushi gives a bashful smile. 

"Honesty is a virtue. So, what about Kunikida-kun, hmm?" Dazai turns to look at Kunikida. He spits out the tea he was drinking.

"Who cares about what I used to be?!"

Atsushi goes back into thought. "Public worker? An official!"

"Close, he was a teacher. A math teacher." Dazai replies. A teacher? Now thinking about it, it makes sense.

"I can totally see that."

"It's all in the past. I don't even want to think about it."

"What about me, then?" Dazai says.

"You, Dazai-san?"

"Yes, me." Dazai makes another of his amused expression (I'm not sure how to describe them) Atsushi goes into very deep thought. Dazai-san was... Dazai-san was... Dazai was simply gazing at Atsushi as he thinks. This isn't good. I have no idea.

"Don't bother, brat. His formal profession is one of the seven mysteries of the Armed Detective Agency." Kunikida states, pushing up his glasses.

"The first person that gets it right receives a reward, right?" A reward! Atsushi was desperate for money as not too long ago, he had completely nothing at all. "No one's been able to guess right, so the reward's just ballooned." Re-re-re-reward! Reward! 

"M-May I ask, just how much this reward ballooned to, exactly?"

"700,000 yen in all," Dazai says with no surprise on his face. (6629.23 in U.S dollars) 700,000 GRAND! 

"S-So if I get it correct, I can claim the reward? Are you actually serious?!"

Dazai smirks "A suicide advocate is true to his word." Atsushi was on fire and pumped up as he was going to get this reward. 

"Atsushi-kun seems ecstatic." Tanizaki comments.

"His determination is admirable." Naomi continues.

Atsushi starts firing out any job or occupation that he could think of. Dazai keeps shutting him down with his comedic no's. Tanizaki and Naomi got worried as Atsushi continued to be wrong. It seems like Atsushi is saying anything that comes to his head, which he is. This truly shows that NOBODY can guess Dazai's previous occupation. 

"I bet you were just wandering around doing nothing." Kunikida guesses.

"Nope, I would never lie about this. Do you yield, Atsushi-kun? Then you can take the check." Dazai answers and shows the heck to Atsushi. 

"What?" Don't you know I have nothing? 😭

"If you can't pay now, you can start a tab. After all, it's the Agency's go-to restaurant." As Dazai was explaining, Tanizaki got a call that sounds like a job.

"We got a job?" Kunikida asks.

"Yes. The client's already at the Agency."

"Well, it's time to work." Everyone gets up out of their sits. "Let's save the guessing game for another time. Now let's go, Atsushi-kun." Atsushi and the others go back to the Agency to do the job requested. What Atsushi didn't know is what to come next?

That's another part done. Thanks for reading! Also, extra thanks to people that decided to read this trash that I had somehow created. 1 week till the next update. 893 words

Edit: 897 words bleh :P