The Job Part 6

Atsushi

Atsushi and Dazai were walking in the city. Dazai was leading Atsushi towards the place he plans to get Atsushi his job.

"We're going to meet the sponsor who'll introduce you to the job. I'm sure he'll like you."

"What's the job, exactly?"

"There's no point in spoiling the fun. Well, there may be a test of sorts."

"Huh? A test?" Atsushi started to get stressed and started to sweat.

"Atsushi-kun, can you write?" 

"I know how to read and write."

"Then you'll be fine," Dazai said, Atsushi sighs with relief. "I guarantee it."

"Thank you!" Dazai laughs.

"Of course you should thank me! (I was the one to give you a home) Just leave it to me, and everything will be fine! After all, I am Dazai. 'the one and only whom the agency trusts and the populace adored." As a sparkle appeared for a few seconds on one of Dazai's eyes. Then, out of nowhere, Kunikida was yelling and running towards them.

"THERE YOU ARE, DAZAI! YOU BANDAGE-SQUANDERING MACHINE!" Kunikida sticks his face right in front of Dazai-san's. Dazai moves back in a dramatic pose as if something hit him.

"N-nice nickname there, Kunikida-kun, but that hit the spot." 

"Who's the one and only one the agency trusts, huh? You're the one and only one who we get complaints, curses, and grievances about!" Kunikida shouts.

"Huh?" Why is this happening to me?

"Ehh? Since when did I ever get a complaint?" Dazai says. Kunikida pulls out his notebook, seemingly ready to tell him off. 

"Call in August: "One of your employees has been caught in an offshore fishing net. Can you come and retrieve him? Call in September: "Someone buried themselves on my property. Could he be one of yours?" Atsushi looks at Dazai, what have you done? Are you really the one and only?

"Call in the same month: "Pay you tab, ok!? All six-months' worth!"

"Th-th-th-th-th. That's impossible! Who knew you could voice act other people voices so well, Kunikida-kun!?" Dazai makes a dramatic pose. Kunikida's glasses broke as his anger boils over.

"You bastard! Stop ridiculing me!" Kunikida shout as he violently shakes Dazai by the collar. I wonder if it was a good idea to have him help me find a job. Yeah, thanks for the hospitality but is he actually a person to trust? 

"Oh, right." Kunikida stops with a "dead" Dazai in his hands as Atsushi looks at him. "I wasted a whole minute on this idiot. Let's hurry to the agency!" Kunikida tells Atsushi but yells at Dazai.

"Why?" Dazai whines.

"We have an emergency! A bomber's taken a hostage and holed himself up in our office." everyone got serious.

"A bomber?" This is important.