School and WHAT!?! Part 15

Atsushi

It was March now. It has almost been 9 months since I joined. After Guild, everything has gone back to normal. Though I would never experience a normal life, this was nice.

"What are you thinking about?" Dazai asks, most likely bored as he was leaning back on his rolling chair, likely was going to fall soon.

Atsushi glanced towards Dazai and grinned, "I'm just glad you found me. I knew I would never live a normal life, so this one isn't so bad."

"Your welcome~. Fate bought you to me. Aren't I so AMAZING?"

"Maybe it would be amazing if actually did your job."

"Kunikida-kun~, I didn't know you could so sarcastic."

"YOU, ugh, I don't have room in my schedule for this. I need to go out on a mission, so I expect you to behave. Atsushi, watch him."

"Yes, sir." Kunikida leaves the room quickly, most likely off schedule.

"So~?"

"Hmm?"

"I've never realized this, but I don't know how old you are, so won't you mind telling me?"

"You don't know my age even though I've been here over half a year." Atsushi sighs, "I'm turning 16 this year."

Dazai's jaw dropped to the floor, "WHAT?!? You're only 15? I thought, wait. I didn't think about your age until now. Hmm." Dazai contemplating deeply.

"I'm actually the same age, and also Kenji-kun is as well."

"Really? It's nice to around people my age." I didn't think Tanizaki and Kenji would be the same age as I am.

"I KNOW!" Dazai shouted, the others having to cover their ears.

"What is it, Dazai-san?" How is he older than me? Like, thank you for giving me a home, but no thanking to you for giving me more trouble.

"Why not you go to the same school that Tanizaki and Kenji are going to attend?"

"What? School, I-I never thought of that." Atsushi always thought he didn't need to go to school. There was no need as he already had a job and he knows how to do some basic math and writing skills.

"Come on, it'll be fun! A person like you needs to know an environment with kids around your age. Plus, you can get some education that may help you in the future." Dazai said before finally falling down with his chair. "Oof."

That isn't a bad idea. School can help me understand things I don't understand and learn as well. An environment with other kids my age will probably be healthier than staying here for the rest of my life, even though I'm probably never leaving. Maybe I can live a slightly normal life at school.

"I think I'll consider going to school."

"Really!? It'll be nice to see you outside of the agency, Atsushi." Kenji announced joyfully.

"Yeah, I hope you do," Tanizaki replied then going back to work.

"If you're worried about the cost, I'll cover for you. You're my responsibility as your guardian, after all." Dazai interjected, giving up on getting up from the floor.

"Thanks, Dazai-san, Tanizaki-san, and Kenji. But I still need to think about it a bit more. And Dazai-san, please get up. You still have work to do and I don't want to do overtime again." Is it really worth it?

It was time for Atsushi to go back home today. It was just another day of paperwork and filing again. "Ahh." Finally, I'm done. "I'll be leaving now, Kunikida-san."