Meeting The Fathers-in-Law

// So, this is actually a crossover of my two major hyper-fixations right now!! Sam and Max and Sonic!!! It's a lil AU I have where Sam and Max immediately adopt Sonic and Tails as their own so ye

Shadow nervously held Sonic's hand. He knew the blue hedgehog didn't judge Shadow for his past, and even helped kill his biological alien overlord father. But what if Sonic's parents weren't the same?

" Shadow? Are you okay? You're never nervous. "

" ... Sorry... I guess meeting your parents is a as nerve-wracking as they said it is. "

Shadow tried to keep his cool and composure in front of his blue love. Trying to be what he usually is like, but it was extremely difficult at the moment. Soft caring emerald eyes stare lovingly at him. Sonic sighs and holds a hand to Shadow's cheek.

" Shadz... it's going be okay, my dads aren't the ones to judge people. "

Sonic kisses Shadow's cheek softly, while the ebony tries to process what his blue love just said. Gently leading him up into the dirtied building, it was one of those ones where you could rent out an office like for private detectives and such. Going up multiple stairs, Shadow spoke softly to Sonic, joking here and there just to hear that beautiful laugh. He knew that somewhere, Maria was proud of him. Suddenly, there was gun shots which instinctively made the ultimate life form huddle around Sonic. Yet, the hero seemed unfazed.

" That's Flint Paper. It's okay, that just means we're at our destination. "

Ruby eyes watched with intense glare as he follows his counterpart to a door. On the glass window, it stated " Sam and Max: Freelance Police. ". Shadow cocked his brow as Sonic knocks on the door softly. There was scuffling, and yelling that sounded like two people saying " ILL GET IT! " as there was crashes and glass shattering. Whatever Sonic's dads were doing definitely had calmed whatever fears Shadow had.

The door slams open to reveal a tall 6ft dog pinning a white rabbit thingy to the wall with his right hand. His eyes lit up at looking the blue hedgehog.

" Sonic! I'm so glad you decided to visit us! We just came back from a case! "

" We even got souvenirs!! "

The white lagomorph yelled and reveal a haunted looking amulet.

" It possesses people! I should know, I've been possessed twice! "

" Apparently the ghost despises dogs. "

" That really sucks, father. "

The tall dog whined. Shadow clears his throat as Sonic looks over to him and starts to happily stimming with his hands.

" Oh! Sam, Max, meet Shadow!! My boyfriend I've talked about!!! "

The dog and rabbit thing stare at Shadow. Uh oh. He started to sweat nervously but kept his " I'm edgy and cool " look. Sonic noticed the stress and softly grabbed one hand and stimmed with the other. The pressure started to became too much and-

" Nice to meet you, I'm Sam! You must be the guy named Shadow that Sonic adores. "

" Its super grody when he gushes about you but apparently that's hypocritical of me by Sam's logic. "

" You literally talked about how happy it makes you when I tell you that you crack me up, Max. Your mentioned this on live television once. "

" So? Also, can I be let down now? I wanna have a closer look to see if he looks dangerous. "

Sam proceeds to drop Max onto the floor and invite the two hedgehogs in. Shadow wasn't quite expecting his parents to be this chaotic but he wasn't quite surprised by it either.

" So, how did you two meet? Our very blue son never did tell us. "

" Ahaha there's a good reason for that Sam. "

Sonic looks over and smiles at Shadow, which suddenly gains him confidence. He clears his throat before speaking.

" I had no memories of my past at the time so I was easily manipulated by Dr. Eggman to hunt down and stop your son. "

Part of it was a white lie, as he doubt the strange duo wanted to hear him say that he was hunting Sonic down to kill. Even he didn't like to think about that. It really silent, before Sonic spoke up.

" But, uh, he manage the stop Eggman and sacrifice his life for this planet. Besides, earlier he tried to protect me so it's all good now. He wouldn't even hurt a fly. "

" Sonic. That's a lie. I would take down a whole army if they got me mad enough. "

" Touché, hedgehog, touché. "

Max waddles up to Shadow and places a hand on his shoulder.

" I approve of this guy. He's violent, like me. "

" Sonic, you do understand the responsibility that comes along with taking care of a violent lover, yes? "

" Sam! He's not a pet! Also, we've been dating for 3 months now and know how to take care of each other. "

Sonic huffed up, as Sam walks over to the ebony hedgehog, putting his hand on Shadow's head and scruffing it up.

" I can't wait until you two marry! But I must warn you, if you hurt our son, we won't hesitate to break a few laws. "

" We will commit crimes because we love our son! "

Shadow chuckled and rolled his eyes as Sonic snorts.

" Sorry dads, but it's more likely that he would kick your guys asses and put you in jail. He's a G.U.N agent. "

The two freeze and look at Shadow, who now has a smug smirk on his face.

" I can very much use my position of power as an advantage. "

...

" Sam, I want to make him our son in law. N O W "