When Sonic was There

// Aight, you can tell I was inspired off the Ghibli film ' When Marnie was there ' but that movie is good and it made me cry in a good way! Also, mostly based on Silver being the protagonist but it's still Sonadow. Also somewhat rewriting what happened near the end in '06.

There was a soft breeze that past by, the sky was a soft blue, and the clouds were puffy. Laying before it was the ruins of of that of a city, and sitting on when of the standing ancient giant. A hedgehog of silver, whose gloves, bracelets, and boots were showing of the future. The hedgehog swung his softly back and forward, as his yellow orbs stared into the sky, reminiscent of that of a friend who he recently lost.

A female purple cat, with powers of fire as she lets half a god into her soul. She did it to save their present, to save the people suffering in this time, to save her friend the silver hedgehog. She used an emerald to help take in the half of a god's soul into her. The hedgehog cried out, his quills swaying softly but there was a bright flash. Covering his face with his arms and closing his eyes, he waits until he peaks out, as he pulls his arms away from his face. There, just laid the emerald. The once red sky was now a soft blue, and the once blazing fire was no more.

Shaking his head, the hedgehog pulls himself away from the edge and stands up. The memory was painful for him. He lost his only friend in a flash like that. Moving his hand to the back of his quills, he pulls out the emerald.

" Blaze... "

He softly murmured her name. A single tear drop stained the emerald, in which it glowed softly before dimming again. The hedgehog never noticed as he puts away the emerald before running and jumps off the ruined building. Closing his eyes, he lets himself fall as gravity takes a hold. His two back quills and five forehead ones shook violently amongst the before turning a transparent turquoise and bounce softly. The hedgehog floated a few feet from the ground before floating upwards. Opening his eyes, the amber eyes held a slight blue color. As did the the markings on his bracelets, the ones on his wrist and cuff of his boots, and the ones on his palms.

Silver. That was his name. The hedgehog just floated there before flying off. Silver made a promise to Blaze, that once they took back their present, they would explore the world together.

" I promise you Blaze... "

He ever spoke so softly.

" I will explore the world for us... for you... "

And with that he started to travel. He could see the people, or survivors who hid away for so long coming out. There was grass that started to grow on the buildings, and it seemed from what he could see in the distances was a field of flowers. Smiling softly, he flies himself over to the fields and lands carefully, not to harm the flowers. He looks around as a breeze picked up, brushing his quills and the flowers. Silver thought it was so beautiful here...

" I always like it when the sun's out and the flowers and wind are living. "

Silver turns around, with a jerk as he jumps from the voice. There stood a blue hedgehog that definitely wasn't there a few moments ago. He was tense, it was shown through his shoulders being up and jagged. Amber scanned him, his quills too were being softly strung by wind, as he had 6 back quills. His form was relaxed as his gloved hands held a little black rose in them. Its thorns seemingly dodged the fingers as his shoes were a soft red, with white straps and a golden buckle. Silver's amber eyes soon met the mysterious hedgehog's emerald eyes. Somehow, just by looking, Silver lost all his tension as he relaxes. The blue hedgehog realizes the situation and gives an apologetic smile, his arm reaching the back of his head as he closes his eyes.

" Sorry, didn't mean to startle you. Just wanted to start some friendly conversation. "

The silver hedgehog hesitated whether he should respond or not, but it seemed as if this stranger was friendly enough.