Final Wish

// Alright. This is based off an AU of mine. Restora is not MY CHARACTER she belongs to @ thathoodedgamer on Tumblr. I also took 30 minutes to write this at 1 am last night so it might not be that good. 

Soft patters of steps could be heard. Slow, and steady. They were in no rush it seemed, but it echoed among the temple it seemed. Water. It could be heard pouring and splashing about in a distance. It was a very special day... the owner of previously mentioned feet did not want to remember. Of the Goddess who stroked his forever flowing quills, shaped that like water, to make sure they were clean and healthy. Of the Goddess who seemed to play endless among forests and fields of the never-ending days. Of the Goddess who loved him, and made sure he felt safe. A quiet splat made an echo in the room, but it went unnoticed.

Oh, Restora. Goddess of Healing, seemingly of Love too. She sacrificed her life for that of Mobians, to keep peace among immortals and mortals. To make the world balance, to make it spin at the pace it was supposed to. Mobians. Selfish, greedy things really. All his sister did was gave and gave yet even after her death, a majority wanted more. More and more and more until they took everything away. His brother? Locked away in the Master Emerald. His only Mobian friend he genuinely cared about for years? Same thing as his brother. And what did they do when they found a child god, powerless and scared? Turned him to stone for a 1000 years. But of course, his view on Mobians has changed now... but he cannot forgive those that did him and his family dirty in the past.

 Looking up, a lovely statue of Restora stood there in all her glory. Beautiful and stunning as always, even with the very little light that shone down into the temple on the statue. Just like the real deal, the light had highlighted her perfectly, showing off the most beautiful aspects. The blue hedgehog like god stood there. They were similar looking, more similar looking then he and Chaos ever shared. The skirt he wore... it was handmade by her, ready for when he grew into it. He sets the flowers down, his king flowing quills had now surpassed the length of her used to flow hair. The statue poured water down below, acting as a Fountain of Healing for those who still remembered her.

Where the water came out, it acted as the never-ending tears of her suffering. Of her questioning why those she had loved and cared for made her family suffer. But when one looked at the soft smile rested upon the statue, it made her looked as if she was assured that her tears were actually that happiness. That now that the world was at peace, and that she was very proud of her baby brother. He could feel it, he shed his own waterfalls down his cheeks too while he stared at the statue. Staring at the loving figure that looked down at her hands. As if she was holding an invisible baby version of him. Chaos always did say she instantly fell in love with him when the Master Emerald created him.

There was a ringing in his ears, the laughter of he as a child and hers. They were playing a game of tag, and she was it. When she caught him, he'd squeal as she would tickle his sides before blowing raspberries into his neck. It died down though, and he was left with the silence of the water. He shuffled a bit, trying to wipe away the flood of tears.

" Why... why'd you come back as a Mobian? Why didn't you come back to us? "

He quietly choked out the words. There was a lump in his throat, it was stuck there and it made it hard to speak. Just like a boulder in front of the exit. He stared back, hoping for an answer, wishing for one to come to him. But it never did, he was left in his own suffocating silence once more. His beautiful sister, his loving sister... she was gone and she was now a Mobian platypus. What was there for him to do now. He never did hear those quiet footsteps of metal coming in contact with stone. Funny thing it can be, how sadness can just block out any noise from entering one's ears. Emerald eyes begged for the statue to come to life, to hug him one last time, to tell him I love you-

 " Sonic. "

A raspy, yet gentle voice came through. Desperately, he wiped away most of the tears in his eyes and looked behind him. The beautiful black hedgehog with the red strips... he was here.

" Shadow... what are you doing here? "

He could see the calculating gaze, the ruby eyes that held sympathy. Not that of pity, no... but that of understanding. Understanding the same exact pain that he went through. Sonic waited for an answer, but what came was unexpected. Soft hands grabbed his shoulders and pulled him in, wrapping around and squeezing him just a little. A muzzle buried itself deep within Sonic's neck as the other arm wrapped around the arm that held him around his neck loosely. Tears stop falling as shock took over Sonic's body, unable to process what Shadow had done.

 " I know it hurts... but she loves you no matter what. There's always a part of her with you. Her final wish would not to be mourning her, but celebrate that she had lived... and that she got the chance to live with you. "

It was such a quiet whisper he spoke in, but just loud and clear enough Sonic could hear. Oh the hypocrisy, Shadow was using Sonic's words against him. But just then, there was a soft breeze that came in, his cheek felt like there was another pair of hands there... holding his cheeks as to confirm Shadow's statement. It became unbearable, it ate away at him for so long. Contorting that of pain, Sonic starts sobbing into Shadow's quills, the counterpart comforting him through and through. It was but a bittersweet day, but a day Sonic would always cherish in his heart until his death.