Flower Prince

𝔒𝔥, 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔧𝔬𝔶, 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔧𝔬𝔶! 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯 𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢, 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯 𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢! ℌ𝔢 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔟𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔨𝔦𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔬𝔣 𝔲𝔰! 𝔒𝔥, 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔰𝔞𝔡𝔫𝔢𝔰𝔰, 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔰𝔞𝔡𝔫𝔢𝔰𝔰. 𝔚𝔥𝔶 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔡𝔦𝔢𝔡? 𝔖𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥 𝔣𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔭𝔞𝔦𝔯. 𝔑𝔬𝔴 𝔦𝔱'𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔢𝔫 100 𝔶𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰, 𝔉𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯 𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢. 𝔚𝔦𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲, 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔞𝔡𝔫𝔢𝔰𝔰.

Shadow read the poem. What a strange poem he was given at this festival. Spagonia was a nice place to go, and today there was a festival going on. The ebony just wanted to stay at home, but Rouge insisted on having him come along with her. He rolls his eyes at the memory on how she got him to come.

" Come on Shadow this will be fun! "

The ebony scoffs and turns around to face the bat who intruded into the kitchen.

" For the last time Rouge, I want to rest on my day off. "

He sips his coffee as she looks through her phone. Shadow just thought she was scrolling through social media. Oh, how wrong he was.

" Mmmm, I don't think you would want this picture of you cuddling this teddy bear going out~ "

He spits out his coffee as he blushes madly, turning around to see the phone with him sleeping with his teddy. He growls as he tries to swipe at the phone, growling but she flies upwards.

" I won't post it if you come~ "

With a defeated sigh, he hesitantly agrees. In which he flinched at her squeal.

He shudders at the thought. Putting the small poem in his quills, he goes to look around the festival. Apparently it was to celebrated the Flower Prince's death. The Flower Prince was a  young hedgehog who tended to pick flowers and give them to orphans and heal the wounded. A lot of the old tale consisted of him suddenly coming out of nowhere and helping around the town. Because of this, he was dubbed the Flower Prince. But when he suddenly disappeared, never returning, everyone assumed he died. Shadow never understood the fable, even when he was told by Rouge, who liked it.

He never saw it as real, and hence why he has such a problem with it. Shadow saw it pointless but Rouge had fun nonetheless. The festival was soon ending, and it was time to go home. Shadow sighs in relief, finally he could go home from a long day at this somewhat boring festival. Looking around, he noticed he had lost Rouge. Of course he did, sighing he starts to look for the bat in the crowd. There were a lot of people and mobians, so many, too many in fact. Shadow's chest to restrict, his breathing starts to get heavier and faster. His hands started to shake, his vision started to blur. He hated crowds, he felt as if everyone was going to surround him. Rubbing his eyes, he just wanted to be at home, to be on the couch watching T.V. and relaxing. He suddenly felt something pushed against his face, something soft. Pulling his hands away, he notices it that it seems that someone was shoving lavender.

" S-Sorry, you were panicking, and lavender is known to make people calm. "

Shadow pushed down the flowers as he was about to make a snarky comment until he got a good look at the stranger. He was a blue hedgehog, with emerald eyes that sparkled with life. He had a black rose tucked behind his left ear. It seemed he had a peach muzzle, belly and arms. Shadow snaps out of his staring and clears his throat.