never going to happen

picture of Asher at the top

....................

(Asher)

"But dad it's not fair!" I shouted as my father continued to talk to me about my responsibilities of being the alpha king of my pack, which is called the dark moon pack located here in hamshire England.

"Listen to me son you are the alpha king of this pack, I passed my title down to you because I know you'd take it seriously. You are eighteen years old and should start searching for your mate because this pack needs a Luna, no matter if it's a boy or a girl!" He shouted back, leaving me stunned for a second.

"Boy? But dad I'm not gay so don't bring that gay shit to me!" Dad scoffed and started massaging his temples.

"Selene has her way of thinking. Being the moon goddess she is responsible for the mating of our kind, whether you are gay or not." I shook my head and glared at him.

"I don't care about what your moon goddess says, if I'm ever paired with a boy I'm going to reject him...." I didn't get to finish my sentence, as a knock was sounded on the office door. Dad had barged into my office earlier demanding a meeting with me, after my so call best friend and beta Lucas snitched on me after I told him that I didn't want a mate.

"We'll talk about this another time, that's your mother right now." I raised my eyebrow at him as he made his way towards the door to answer it. Mom smiled when she saw him and gave him a kiss as she made her way inside.

"I have something important to tell you two." She said as dad walked up to her and snaked his arms around her waist like he couldn't stay away from her for a second.

"Drake enough of that, let me tell you what I came all the way up here for." Dad dropped his hand from her waist and started pouting. I would have laughed at the look on his face, but not right now. I was fucking pissed.

"Ok Celia what did you want to talk about?" dad asked and I looked at her.

"Remember when I told you about my friend who lives eight hours away from us?" She looked at us and I nodded my head.

"Well I forgot to mention that she needed my help with her son. so she's sending him here to stay for a while." I was getting anxious because I wanted her to hurry up and talk but she was taking her sweet time instead.

"What happened with him and why does he need to stay here?" I asked out of curiosity and she sighed.

"Well he told his family that he was gay and his father told him that if he was still living under his roof then he was going to be in a lot of pain. Kathy didn't like that Charles threatened their only son and wanted to throw him out of the house, so she called me instead." Poor kid. It must be hard for him to go through something like that. I may be known as the heartless alpha king which isn't all that true, because I still have a soft spot in my heart when it comes to family.

"Ok he can stay here if he wants, are you sure we can thrust him?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Yeah I'm sure, he's also here with his best friend so they'll be staying on the second floor next to each other." I nodded my head and told her to go ahead and get them settled in. I still had a lot of things to do, so I didn't want any more distraction right now. After they left, I went back to work. It's been two hours since I've buried my head in paper works and right now I felt dizzy. My wolf hunter was on edge and I wondered what was wrong with him.

"Maybe I need to go for a run, would that help?' I asked him through mind link but he didn't reply so I let it go. Couple minutes later, my best friend lucas walked in with a frown on his face.

"Are you alright?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders and started pacing.

"I can't seem to contact my wolf, he somehow disappeared over two hours ago and now I'm freaking out." The same thing was happening to me but it's something I couldn't explain.

"The thing is I can feel him and I know he's there, but when I asked him about going for a run or any other questions, he's not replying." I tried to contact hunter once again but it's still not working.

"Maybe they went into Hibernation?" I asked and he chuckled and shook his head.

"They aren't squirrels Asher, I have no idea what's going on. but it's only happening to us, because I asked everyone else and they told me that their wolves were still present." I sighed and stood up then made my way towards him.

"Let's go for a walk, maybe that can get them out of whatever trance they are in or something." He nodded his head and followed me outside. Our pack was located deep within the forest area here in hampshire. so we can be far away from humans and hunters. We have dealt with our fair share of hunters and rogues yes, but it's still a lot safer here. The pack house has at least three thousand rooms which most of them are unoccupied at the moment. plus we have everything we need here and more, what more could I ask for? We also have our very own obstacle course where the warriors would train daily.

"Do you think it's because we haven't found our mates as yet?" Lucas asked and I looked over at him as we walked side by side through the forest.

"I don't think so, we just turned eighteen couple months ago, so why should they be angry at us for not finding our mates? Plus I already told you I don't want a mate, dad had been saying this weird bullshit about having a boy for a mate which would never in a million years happen to me." Lucas shook his head lightly pushes me on my shoulder.

"You can't reject the person that the moon goddess pairs you with. You would only leave yourself mateless and heartbroken and then you will die." I guess he's right, but still.....

"There's always a second chance mate, I could still have a chance at getting a girl for a mate, if I don't reject them that is." I said which had Lucas chuckling.

"Well if the moon goddess is Lenient with you that is, and we'll see if you're still going to be so stubborn once you meet your mate." I rolled my eyes and decided not to say anything else. On our way back, hunter decided to talk to me and I growled at him.

'Where the fuck have you been? Do you know how worried I was?' Hunter growled in return and told me to shut up.

'Our mate is close.' He said and I looked over at Lucas who had a shocked look on his face.

"Now I'm scared and I don't even know why." My heart was beating fast because I was about to meet my mate. I shouldn't be nervous because I was going to reject the person the moon goddess made for me if it turns out to be a boy. What could possibly go wrong?